mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Bear encounter on upper Putt-Putt

Just a heads up: I ran into a friend on the upper section of the Putt-Putt trail on Saturday and she had just come into close contact with a decent sized black bear. I was about 20 seconds from having the experience. She made lots of noise and the bear ran off. Seems unusual for this time of year, spring and fall you 1/2 expect it, but mid summer....Seems like the bears are low this year. Carry your bear spray.

I also heard about 2 Grizzly's (?) toward the bottom of the Ridge Trail right by Fish Creek Road from last week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Fish Creek sounds like Jackson Wy. Should I Holster Up and pack the 357 mag.?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Doesn't seem unusual at all to me to be seeing black bears mid summer. Grizzly behavior and territiory, otoh, seems to have noticeably changed.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, I have seen them a few times in the summer behind my house, which is up in the woods near Ferrin's. Pretty normal, IMO. Hey, at least the bear didn't try and rip your legs off, like the one in Driggs a few weeks go.
    Hell, a friend one mine got fully SCALPED by a Griz in Tetonia about 7 years ago, hundreds of feet from his house...
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."