Thread: Atlanta, ID

mtbr member

Atlanta, ID

I will be at a cabin in Atlanta this weekend. I have searched for trails but cannot find anything. Luckily, I will be with someone who has been going to the area for 30-some years, and he knows where to go. But I thought I would ask, has anyone biked in/around Atlanta? Any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Have ridden out there but the trails I played on quickly went into the wilderness area. I maybe stayed on them and maybe ran across people who didn't seem to care and would maybe say they were really fun. Cant remember name but we were right in Atlanta campground and just headed up the creek trail.

mtbr member
    Power Plant Trail leaves right from the creek, according to a map I found at Benchmark today. Maybe I will give it a try.

mtbr member
    I worked there a few years back and had a fun ride on some trail. Sorry, can't remember much about it. It was on the ridge above town (opposite side from Greylock Mtn) and descended down to a creek which it followed for a while. I did it as an out-and-back due to time constraints but I think you could make a loop out of it.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I just got back. I rode Power Plant trail, which turns into wilderness area a few miles in, which means no riding. But there were plenty of fire roads around that made decent riding.