mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Anyone run the IRC MiBro?

Thinking about the 2.25 in front and 2.1 in back. Claims to be a fast hardpack tire.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

I do

I just put a set of Mibros on a couple of weeks ago. I am running the tubeless 1.95 version. They accelerate faster than my last set of tires (IRC Serac UST 2.1) but that is probably because they only weigh 630 grams, which isn't bad for tubeless. They seem to work well on the hardpack, but were a little sketchy in some spots on the Barking Spider loop. The rubber is really soft too, so they probably won't last very long. Overall, I think it is a good tire, but not my favorite.

Contagious Xian

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They were $21.23 this morning, dang!

Contagious Xian

30-day pricematch

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    They were $21.23 this morning, dang!
    If you bought them from PP they'll match even their reduced prices. Just email them.

For what it's worth, this is the best comparison shopper site I've found, typically pretty timely updates: http://bestwebbuys.com/bikes/index.html

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    If you bought them from PP they'll match even their reduced prices. Just email them.

For what it's worth, this is the best comparison shopper site I've found, typically pretty timely updates: http://bestwebbuys.com/bikes/index.html
    Thank you. I just emailed them. This morn I bought two and Performance paid my 2-day shipping cuz they royally F'd up on the customer service end (talking 20 minute holds... I was at work so it's not like I had anything else to do, ha) so it's $42.46 delivered for a set, but another $10 off is a great deal. $32.45 delivered???!!! I'll take the tires' shortcomings for that price!