Rocks Rock

Anyone off work this week?

I am going to ride even if it keeps raining. May endup doing the urban Green Belt, find some walls to hop off and some stairs to ride up and down thing.
    Had some fun rides in Texas.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I am

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    I am going to ride even if it keeps raining. May endup doing the urban Green Belt, find some walls to hop off and some stairs to ride up and down thing.
    Had some fun rides in Texas.
    How's it going Dave?
    I am Off all this week and next Monday too
    I guess, duh, you are off
    how was TX?

I'd be up for pedaling the greenbelt end to end one day
    then riding from SE Boise up to Cartwright and doing the dump loop another day,
    either clockwise or counter

Studying today for a little while before doing anything..

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    How's it going Dave?
    I am Off all this week and next Monday too
    I guess, duh, you are off
    how was TX?

I'd be up for pedaling the greenbelt end to end one day
    then riding from SE Boise up to Cartwright and doing the dump loop another day,
    either clockwise or counter

Studying today for a little while before doing anything..
    OK I'll do that. When do you want ot go?
    TX was great. Nice and warm and dry. The Greenbelt on Barton Creek was even dry. Got to ride a lot of my old trails and some new ones also.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Let's do Cartwright tomorrow around 10

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    OK I'll do that. When do you want ot go?
    TX was great. Nice and warm and dry. The Greenbelt on Barton Creek was even dry. Got to ride a lot of my old trails and some new ones also.
    Unless it's raining, I really don't want to ride in the rain
    Do you want to meet somewhere and ride from SE Boise area
    or just start from Cback? I actually prefer getting in more miles
    but so weather-dependent

PM me

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

Yo Impy...

Details on TX trails...who, what and where?
    Hey, I still have your atlas...
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Details on TX trails...who, what and where?
    Hey, I still have your atlas...
    I did a quick ride thru Walnut Creek cause I needed to check on my house there, still renting it out. Next day the wife walked on the town lake trail and I did an hour and a half ride on the greenbelt, Barton Creek is dryer than I have ever seen it, even in the summer. Made for a sweet ride thou. That afternoon went to Georgetown and checked out some of the old trails I worked on 99 and 00 but they don't get much use.. fun anyway. I don't know why some one hasn't built more techy stuff back there it is close to town and easy access with the new bicycle freeway they built from San Gabriel park to the Georgetown lake dam. There is lots of opertunity for good stuff going up and down the ridge from the river to Super Wally Mart. It was getting dark so I just rode the bicycle freeway to the damn and back to San Gabriel Park and then roads to Southwestern University where I hooked up with some none riding friends. So the next day I had my wife drop me off at Rusell Park on Lake Georgetown. I rode towad Tejas Park down to the lake and turned around, that's a great little trail. Then I rode the trail to Jim Hogg Park, It is great. Then I just did the roads back to town and got in on and urban asault night ride in the evening with some local Georgetown MoJos, Chief and Cat are the ones I remember. It was a great way to top off a fifty mile day. The Epic I rented from Bicycle Sports shop was OK but the Truth would have been better. I guess the truth was broke, cracked frame.
    So that's where I left that damn Atlas.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

Oh Man, Dave...

I have a feeling that you just barely missed the very best trails in TX, if not in the country's urban areas. Truly. The BCGB now has 5-7 hours worth of sinuous, technical, crazy ass singletrack...and only 20% or so are ony any official maps. Almost all of the really good stuff has been built illegaly in the last few years, but are well ridden and RIP. You basically need a local guide to figure it all out. I am sure that you had a good time anyway...enjoy the pedalling, it is rollers or nothing out here!

And then we eat them."

Rocks Rock

Idea! Don't need no stinking map

Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    I have a feeling that you just barely missed the very best trails in TX, if not in the country's urban areas. Truly. The BCGB now has 5-7 hours worth of sinuous, technical, crazy ass singletrack...and only 20% or so are ony any official maps. Almost all of the really good stuff has been built illegaly in the last few years, but are well ridden and RIP. You basically need a local guide to figure it all out. I am sure that you had a good time anyway...enjoy the pedalling, it is rollers or nothing out here!
    I didn't have time to explore much but I did find some of those trails. I'll be back. I need a day to explore and then someone that knows the area to go out to answer questions and show me the really hidden stuff. That's the way I learn best, if I just follow someone it doesn't sink in till I go explore on my own. It's hard to hide single track from me, if I have time I'l find it. I don't miss climbing at all with all the technical rollers. I'd love to have a week in Austin just to ride. I didn't even make it to Emma Long. Are you gonna be in Boise any time soon? You should bring a video presentation to that Moutain Bike Oregon ride in Bend next August. Should be some bikers interested in South America.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I always plant to take xmas- new years week off. The plan is to ski as much as possible,but I can't even freaking ride with this rain. I have a great boss, me!

formica

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    I always plant to take xmas- new years week off. The plan is to ski as much as possible,but I can't even freaking ride with this rain. I have a great boss, me!

formica
    this is the first year in about 12 that we didn't travel up to relatives in WA, and I'd looked forward to all sorts of fun stuff. So I'm sitting here in the office watching the rain come down... O well.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    So I'm sitting here in the office watching the rain come down... O well.

CDB
    At least you're being productive! I scheduled myself out for the whole week, anticipating doing some snowboarding and/or road biking, but with these warm temps and rain, I've done neither. I may head to Brundage for a day trip to find freshies later this week. I've got the key to the inlaws' house up there, but no way to plow the 1/4 mile driveway!

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

Impy an all....

I am trying to put together a trip for May 7-14, Cusco, Peru
    Follow Linkie:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42384

And then we eat them."

Rocks Rock
    No chance for 06 but maybe 07

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    At least you're being productive! I scheduled myself out for the whole week, anticipating doing some snowboarding and/or road biking, but with these warm temps and rain, I've done neither. I may head to Brundage for a day trip to find freshies later this week. I've got the key to the inlaws' house up there, but no way to plow the 1/4 mile driveway!
    yeah, kind of a lousy week to have off for recreation, anyway. In between half work days, I've taken the family to movies, the Y, visited friends, eaten out quite a bit. Teenaged kids are even getting a little bored, and they're not all that interested in doing things outside in the winter, anyway...

Let us know how Brundage is. I heard it was raining up in McCall, too.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    yeah, kind of a lousy week to have off for recreation, anyway. In between half work days, I've taken the family to movies, the Y, visited friends, eaten out quite a bit. Teenaged kids are even getting a little bored, and they're not all that interested in doing things outside in the winter, anyway...

Let us know how Brundage is. I heard it was raining up in McCall, too.

CDB
    Brundage was supposed to be good yesterday with "bottomless" pow- according to a co-worker's hubby. I heard the snowlevel was just below the parking lot so the mountain is good. McCall is rain soaked again. I had about 5" fresh pow at the house late last night and woke to 3" of rainsoaked crud in its place. I heard the base of Tam is rained out as well and the new Wildwood chair was closed because its too low.

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Brundage was supposed to be good yesterday with "bottomless" pow- according to a co-worker's hubby. I heard the snowlevel was just below the parking lot so the mountain is good. McCall is rain soaked again. I had about 5" fresh pow at the house late last night and woke to 3" of rainsoaked crud in its place. I heard the base of Tam is rained out as well and the new Wildwood chair was closed because its too low.
    Sounds good. Looks like the family and I are headed to McCall this afternoon and the wife has promised me a full day at Brundage tomorrow. I've skied a bunch there, but haven't been back up there since I started boarding a couple of years ago. Let me know if you want to play hooky tomorrow and go up to the hill.

(On another note, today's paper says that Bogus got "pounded" with snow yesterday, but since it was 52 in Boise and Bogus was reporting that it was 42 on the mountain, I'm not sure where the Mistakesman is getting its misinformation. As with all snow reports from Bogus (and elsewhere), you always have to take what they say, reduce it by 40 - 50% and that's the correct amount of new snow and/or base snow.)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    (On another note, today's paper says that Bogus got "pounded" with snow yesterday, but since it was 52 in Boise and Bogus was reporting that it was 42 on the mountain, I'm not sure where the Mistakesman is getting its misinformation. As with all snow reports from Bogus (and elsewhere), you always have to take what they say, reduce it by 40 - 50% and that's the correct amount of new snow and/or base snow.)
    Semipounded
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Semipounded
    Hmmm, that's where they measure their snowpack? in a corner filled with drifting snow?

On a better note it's snowing in McCall at the moment. I haven't checked the ski report for either of the resorts though- probably a few inches of fresh overnight

EP- I probably can't sneak out tomorrow now that I'm the boss, but there's a great piano Jazz concert tonight at the RV Lodge

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Hmmm, that's where they measure their snowpack? in a corner filled with drifting snow?
    Actually that was the Christmas display in the window of the Bogus Basin offices. Once again Santa didn't come through...

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Semipounded
    Wow - once again, I stand corrected. And, as per the rest of this vacation, I'm home with the kid while the wife is out. Seems like I'm free only when it's raining at Bogus.

Wayndar - Thanks for the heads up on the concert. We'll have the wee one with us tonight and no sitter, so we'll have to pass.

Twist - when do you want those fenders? I can drop them by your house on my way out of town today, I think.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Twist - when do you want those fenders? I can drop them by your house on my way out of town today, I think.
    Well now that there's snow again... Sure drop em off, leave em behind the townie if noone's home. I'll PBR you on dah flip flop. Have a good trip.