mtbr member
    May 2004

Anybody want to ride this afternoo?

I can ride, be at trailhead at 4.
    I was thinking to go ride Rock Island,
    or just ride the foothillls.

anybody else getting off a little bit early today, Monday ride!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Had a short ride

Went from my place on 15th up the connector trail behind CB, the ridge singletrack down to 8th st parking lot, up the freeway, down connector, up Bucks trail to Shanes, then back down Bucks, back up connector down fwy.

The 5 Spot feels pretty good, but I'm not getting full travel from the fork.

Bucks was in good condition with just a little bit of mud in some spots.

Only saw like one other rider, I think.

How would you get over to table rock from Shanes/Rocky Canyon?

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Went from my place on 15th up the connector trail behind CB, the ridge singletrack down to 8th st parking lot, up the freeway, down connector, up Bucks trail to Shanes, then back down Bucks, back up connector down fwy.

The 5 Spot feels pretty good, but I'm not getting full travel from the fork.

Bucks was in good condition with just a little bit of mud in some spots.

Only saw like one other rider, I think.

How would you get over to table rock from Shanes/Rocky Canyon?
    The only wat to get to TR from RC is roads. It's sux don't it?
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member

Before the big TR subdivisions

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    The only wat to get to TR from RC is roads. It's sux don't it?
    You used to be able to climb up to the Ridge and drop into the Terraces onto the top of TR and down the face...

mtbr member
    my wife and i were about to go for a quick ride around shane's last night (after 6 when she got off work)...

but, that weird, dark cloud started dropping rain on us....and with no shells, she didn't want to go. me either really...pizza and beer at guidos seemed like more fun at the time.. i'm such a wuss since being out here. down south, you had to ride in the rain; it was no big deal at all.... of course, the trails remained in good condition year round there, rain or not..

anyway, i also noticed a rainbow...which was pretty cool..

the rainbow crossed right over the table rock cross...which i thought was quite symbolic...

so, i started to thinking...does god really hate homosexuals...OR...is it just humans who have this prejudice?

obviously, god loves everybody...why else would he have positioned the rainbow right over the cross?

this contradicts everything pat robertson said about gays when he commented that the hurricane that hit new orleans was sent from god...and the muslim radicals claimed it was sent from their god to punish the americans...

or maybe,...just maybe it's a normal cycle to have rainbows...and to have and active hurricane season...i don't know..maybe that rainbow over the cross was a message to idaho law makers to stop being bigots...and give everybody equal rights....sorry for the rant..

on a bike related note...did it rain much last night? probably gonna try to ride around shanes tonight. surely, the trails will not be mucky after a little bit of rain...

mtbr member
    GS there is no god, rainbows are caused by diffraction of sunlight from particulates and moisture in the atmosphere. ie separating the visual spectrum of EM from the sun like a prism.

i thought you were an engineer?

and if your looking for Wx obs you can go here

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesonet/geto...fo=boi&sid=boi

mtbr member
    May 2004

Huh?

Just because there is a scientific cause for the phenon means there is no God?
    I really don't understand that.

If there is a God, don't you think he created science itself and gave us the intel
    to uncover and understand it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    GS there is no god, rainbows are caused by diffraction of sunlight from particulates and moisture in the atmosphere. ie separating the visual spectrum of EM from the sun like a prism.

huh

then how do you explain the rainbow perfectly lining up with the cross on TR...

clearly, god was trying to tell the idaho lawmakers something...otherwise, why would she have lined up the two.

98...your introducing intelligent design here....religion has no business mixing with science...if it makes your feel warm and fuzzy and important that's great..nothing wrong with religion imo...i'm not trying to put down anyone who has faith with my sarcasm. just trying to make a little funny....

but what does trouble me a bit is that religion/"morals" get tangled with politics and social services all too much..and certain folks do not get equal rights....i think it's unfortunate that homosexuals cannot have a marraige recognized by an entity they pay taxes to, and therefore receive a level playing field in life...

but, the civil rights movement is only a half-century old or so..so, i guess it'll take a couple/few more generations to weed out a lot of the prejudices we have...rant over again...

back on bike topic...well, not quite yet..did you see that bogus received 6" of snow last night...too bad i've got to work for the man....bike topic...did anyone get out and ride this morning. if bogus got 6", it must have rained a good bit...think shane's area is ok?
    Last edited by garnetspur; 03-21-2006 at 11:49 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

My response was more to dingle

who stated (for all of us) that there is no God.

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    You used to be able to climb up to the Ridge and drop into the Terraces onto the top of TR and down the face...
    The private property owner closed that part of the ridge trail due to littering and lack of respect by trail users. According to previous post I've read and the signage on the trail.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Dave, the owner of the L-shaped property, which has part of its western border right at Rocky Canyon Rd...right at the intersection a quarter mile from the top, did close it because of the traffic (both motorized and non-motorized) going through his property (both on and off "designated" trails), poaching, a conflict with the city/county regarding signage "public" trails and roads, and the other issues you mentioned. I talked to the guy at length. He seems like a nice guy, but he seemed very frustrated with the city & county regarding recognition of private property boundaries and his rights as the owner of that property. It was really interesting to talk to him. I wanted to learn as much as I could from the guy...to get his point of view...but you could really tell he was really frustrated.

Ummm....the owner of the land below the Terraces, closed it because he wanted too. He gave that impression when that development went in. I'd recommend not rolling through that development. A friend of mine found a dog wondering up on the Ridge above that Terraces development and brought it down to that neighborhood to try to find the owner. When he did find the owner, he was told that he was trespassing, and that the police were on their way to ticket him.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle

dingle..did you see the dark clouds i am talking about..??

they came from the east...not the west..and it came out of nowhere...i didn't see it when i left work, went home...it was bizarre..

guess it picked up the water around lucky peak or something.. it also did not rain in the valley (north end). just up on the foothills...don't know how much it rained..but it was really dark...

looks like it may rain this afternoon..40% chance of showers..this afternoon...

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    they came from the east...not the west..and it came out of nowhere...i didn't see it when i left work, went home...it was bizarre..

guess it picked up the water around lucky peak or something.. it also did not rain in the valley (north end). just up on the foothills...don't know how much it rained..but it was really dark...
    I was heading out towards Eckert around 6pm when I saw those dark clouds not too far ahead. I turned around where the Shakespeare Festival has a warehouse and had some rain drops hit me all the way back to BSU, but nothing heavy.