mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Any closures in Sun Valley/Stanley?

Looking at making a quick trip down to Sun Valley/Stanley nest week, and just wondering if there are any closures I need to be aware of? I see from some research that Potato Mountain (fire) and Fisher Creek Rd (washout) were closed earlier in the summer, but couldn't find anything more recent to know if they are open again. Are there any trails we will miss due to closure if we come down?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TOLOCOMan; 10-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    nothing in the wood river vally is closed.

all trails north of highway in sawtooth valley are closed and will be for the season due to halstead fire. that leaves redfish loop, fisher, fourth of july/pole creek area, and a few others open up there.

smoke is gernerally gone and foliage is going off. bring some rain if you come please

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the update! So the Fisher Rd is good to go for bike traffic at least then? By north of the highway, I assume you mean 21 not 75? Sorry, I don't know the names for all the valleys...
    Last edited by TOLOCOMan; 10-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.

jalepenio jimenez
    due to Halstead fire, probably no riding north of Stanley. still leaves lots of riding open in the area.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads