mtbr member

Another SS for the foothills

I built this SS up for long-all day climbing SS rides. The frame is a mixture of Columbus and Reynolds tubing (butted) fillet brazed (4 lbs 1 oz before powdercoating which added 3 oz). The SA is 72.5 (very slack) to use the back muscles while seated, HA is 70. Gearing is 32X21 to get me up and down the Ridge or up Slickrock or Porc Rim easily. Chainstays have no bridge to give that extra compliance and some clearance (although anyone over 160lbs need not apply). Carbon post and WTB saddle for some cush, Deux XC 100mm stem and 25" riser (both AL) for reliability. Rebuilt SID. XT/819 with old IRC Mythos XC with Stans so I can run lower pressures. Hayes HFX 9 Carbon (although I need to cut the cables at the next bleed-the set came pre-bled and I did not want to deal with cutting and rebleeding during the build).
    Rode around the neighborhood last night to bed in the brakes and she built up very straight. Maiden to happen hopefully today.

Check her out

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Nice Ride!

That is a sweet looking ride! Did UBI give you the training to build the frame? How long did it take?

Hi!!!
    NICE!!! I can take care of that bike for you when you are over in the PI next month.

You get a chance to ride it today? Don't know what weather is like in Boise, but here we got hit with a decent amount of snow last night. And right now the wind is howling. Blah.

mtbr member
    That is a sweet looking ride! Did UBI give you the training to build the frame? How long did it take?
    The class took about 2 weeks and they provide all materials and training. Definitely worth the money since you walk away with a custom frame you designed and built yourself (using mostly basic hand tools) and the skills and resource connections to build frames solo.

NICE!!! I can take care of that bike for you when you are over in the PI next month.
    Believe it or not, I get a lot of volunteers to "bike sit".... hehe