mtbr member

50% chance of rain

Luckily, we were on the lucky side of 50%...
    The day started out cool and very cloudy-looking threatening. RRB, Impdude and I got to the trailhead around 830am (right as 25 or so local riders were starting the "Loop of Loops"- a local event where the riders do all the Kokopelli area trails). RRB and I rode the SS and Dave rode his 575 through Rustlers-Mary's and Horsethief. Got back around lunch time, ate, and got on the dualies and rode Moore Fun, Handcuff, and Mary's in reverse. We even got to see a dude-trucked out of Horsethief on a stretcher (he fell on the drop in). The weather just got better and better and by the end of the day-it was blue skies, temps in the 60's.
    Enjoy the pics.
    Pic 1- RRB ready to go
    Pic 2- RRB on Mary's
    Pic 3- Me overlooking Horsethief
    Pic 4- Impy messing around the rocks while we fix RRB's flat
    Pic 5- The amount of mud after 3 hours or so of riding
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

More Horsethief

Lots of ledges to screw around in... and lunch...

mtbr member

Moore Fun

The first kilometer of this trail is a killer technical climb. It's very hard to clean the whole thing... It was more like, ride 10 feet, walk 5 feet, ride 10 feet, walk 5 feet... It's great practice however and a ton of fun if you have the right frame of mind... The descent on the highway side of Moore Fun is the big payoff. It was so good that we did not get to stop too much to take pictures...
    RRB on the end of Moore Fun
    RRB on Handcuffs (yeah- you wish)
    RRB and me messing around on some more ledges.

mtbr member

Screencaptures

From videos we took...
    RRB dropping into a steeper than it looks drop off of the Porc Rim singletrack
    Impy rolling the a big drop on Porc Rim
    RRB climbing ledges on Porc Rim
    Me on ledges on Rustlers (I pinched on this ledge).

Contagious Xian

feelin' the flow!

nice pics gary, thanks! getting excited about Moab (going first week in may)!

any lv2ride sightings in moab?

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Luckily, we were on the lucky side of 50%...
    The day started out cool and very cloudy-looking threatening. RRB, Impdude and I got to the trailhead around 830am (right as 25 or so local riders were starting the "Loop of Loops"- a local event where the riders do all the Kokopelli area trails). RRB and I rode the SS and Dave rode his 575 through Rustlers-Mary's and Horsethief. Got back around lunch time, ate, and got on the dualies and rode Moore Fun, Handcuff, and Mary's in reverse. We even got to see a dude-trucked out of Horsethief on a stretcher (he fell on the drop in). The weather just got better and better and by the end of the day-it was blue skies, temps in the 60's.
    Enjoy the pics.
    Pic 1- RRB ready to go
    Pic 2- RRB on Mary's
    Pic 3- Me overlooking Horsethief
    Pic 4- Impy messing around the rocks while we fix RRB's flat
    Pic 5- The amount of mud after 3 hours or so of riding
    Sooo, did anybody clean the drop-in to Horsethief? Not to imply that I did or ever could, but just curious...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Where in town can you find those plastic/nylon screws to replace water bottle bolts?

mtbr member

On our way back

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Sooo, did anybody clean the drop-in to Horsethief? Not to imply that I did or ever could, but just curious...

CDB
    up the drop in, there was this solo dude with full armor on riding a Kona that just blew us away with his riding skills. He rode down the drop like it was a curb... Most impressive. It's only the 2nd time I've seen it done (out of the 30 or so people I've seen trying it during my visits).

mtbr member

Orange

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Where in town can you find those plastic/nylon screws to replace water bottle bolts?
    I wouldn't use them to hold water bottles. You can get them at Home Depot's Fastener drawers. 10-32 size. $.40 for a pair. And- yes, I'm a certified, card carrying weight weenie.

mtbr member

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    nice pics gary, thanks! getting excited about Moab (going first week in may)!

any lv2ride sightings in moab?
    Never did hear from the Swede... (that name always reminds me of a scene from Heartbreak Ridge- "Swede-Swede-Swede....")
    We did end up meeting with some friends from Boise that were there for the week. There was about 7 of us taking up room at the Red Rock Bakery at 9am Friday. Unfortunately, not many wanted to do Porc Rim. The guide books describes that ride unfairly I think...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I wouldn't use them to hold water bottles. You can get them at Home Depot's Fastener drawers. 10-32 size. $.40 for a pair. And- yes, I'm a certified, card carrying weight weenie.
    Thanks. I live a mile from the Depot. Not holding anything, just need to take out some not-being-used water bolts.

Contagious Xian

That was CBro on the King Alotta Kahonee!

up the drop in, there was this solo dude with full armor on riding a Kona that just blew us away with his riding skills. He rode down the drop like it was a curb... Most impressive. It's only the 2nd time I've seen it done (out of the 30 or so people I've seen trying it during my visits).
    Hmmmm........sounds like a challenge to be considered at sometime in the near future. Did you see anyone riding up it?

Horsethief drop should be "up-only" I've heard ......

mtbr member

Hans Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Hmmmm........sounds like a challenge to be considered at sometime in the near future. Did you see anyone riding up it?

Horsethief drop should be "up-only" I've heard ......
    Or a good trials rider should easily make it up to the top... those guys can do amazing stuff...

Rocks Rock

A few more Saturday pix.

#1 Gary's flat repair school.
    #2 We saw one guy make. Saw a guy on a strecher after they hauled him out of there. I did the easy half.
    #3 On the trail.
    #4 Gary dropping a rock at the edge of the cliff.
    #5 View
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.