mtbr member

2009 Annual MT Bike Idaho Tour

Good hard fun had by all. Close to 200 miles and 20,000 feet total gain in 8 days for the boys. I took a few days off to set shuttles and rode Fisher Creek instead of the big ride. Full details will be posted eventually.

For now, some Photos here:

Day 1 boys rode Bogus Basin to the top and down East Side to town. Details on this first day of the tour are a little scattered. I was working and Larry turned a 3 hour ride into an 8 hour ride.

Day 2
    Drove to Hailey and set up camp out Deer Creek-
    Rode KinseyCurran
    then had lunch and rode North fork of Deer Creek Loop.

Day 3-MahoneyLodgepoleRedWarrior-Rest Day-
    Drove to Frenchmen's Bend Hot Springs
    Rode into town and out the bike path to Greenhorn Gulch Trail Head. About 18 miles of dirt bike path and asphalt to get to the single track. Great finish with a soak in the hot springs.
    MahoneyLodgepoleRedWarrior

Day 4-Baker Creek to Organ Gulch to Fox Creek
    No photos yet-Took this day off to find a spare bike.

Day 5-Set camp at Decker Flats
    Some rode Fisher Creek Loop from Camp. No photos.

Day 6-DeckerFlatsAntsBasinRobinsonBar
    Set shuttle at Lower O'Brien Camp Ground and hired a Taxi to run us up Fourth of July road to the trail head.
    Some rode from camp making it a 38 mile ride.
    DeckerFlatsAntsBasinRobinsonBar

Day 7-LivingstonMillBigBoulderFrogLakeLittleBoulder

Day 8-
    PotatoMtKellyCreek

(not all photos are from this year-I combined photos from the 2007/2008 tours)

mtbr member

Dave the Chef

Here is the ride report from Dave who cooked up quite the fine food...
    8 days of riding, even the rest days seemed to go long. Quite a few days with over a hundred degree heat, but somehow wind and clouds always seemed to blow through on the most grueling part of the climbs. Give a nod to the weather gods (thank you phoebe) on that one. Over 200 miles of trail, 20,000 feet of climbing with amazing buffed and bermed down hill single track. Fires got us last time, but the late June rains and all that nitrogen from those poor carbonized trees made the grass and flowers in the drainage's flourish in epic proportions-- crazy beautiful. Great food (gained two pounds doesn't seem fair), lots of good friends, some new ones along the way, amazing hot springs, no injuries, negligible bike issues, great weather..... Camped at Deer Creek near Ketchum and Decker Flats near Stanley between the Sawtooths and White Cloud Mountains. Epic trip

enjoy the pics

see you out there

Dave

all the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/davewash...eat=directlink

The edited pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/davewash...eat=directlink

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Howley
    Good hard fun had by all. Close to 200 miles and 20,000 feet total gain in 8 days for the boys. I took a few days off to set shuttles and rode Fisher Creek instead of the big ride. Full details will be posted eventually.
    sweet pics. i couldn't help but meander over to the shoe photos. no pics of your cycling shoes?
    DEET is my deodorant.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Thanks for the link Harley. The river crossing at the end of Warm Springs is the scariest part of the ride. Crossing it while holding a bike as high as possible is not much fun. The rest of the rides were a blast!
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member

Reality shoe or is it show

My life is lived out on the internet... My mom asked for my shoe size...9 Euro 42 ... as my B-day is soon..assuming she wanted to give me a pair...from my dad size 10 too big for him... my shoe collection is fine...I sent her a link to the photos of my dress shoe collection.

Now that you asked...

These shoes blew out on the long ride. Each time I stepped on the pedal without being cliped in the pedal ramed up inside the shoe on my foot-ouch

I am taking up a collection to buy a replacement pair...

To help out with the cause to keep my feet protected...
    Send PayPal cash to: harleyparson@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Howley; 07-31-2009 at 03:28 PM.