mtbr member

2 Trips: Whitefish Range Lookouts & McCall Hot Springs

Here a couple of trips i've done in the last few months.

The first I've already posted in the 'Bikepacking' section of mtbr, but thought i'd throw it up here as well. Mainly, in case anyone wants to use the map for beta: Bikepacking McCall's Hot Springs.

The second featured a couple lookouts in the the Whitefish Range. Also has a map.
    Stahl & Wam.

-casey
    Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
    http://greenecasey.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Really nice McCall video, I saw it a few days ago when "The Path Less Pedaled" posted it on facebook. That looks like an awesome trip, thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Nicely done video, seems to capture the trip nicely. Looks like you had a good time without too much smoke.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar View Post
    Looks like you had a good time without too much smoke.
    Man, I wish that were the case. This was originally suppose to be an 8 day trip, but the smoke got so bad on day 4, we decided to call it. I couldn't say 5 words without sneezing, and i've never had allergies :P

But ya, it was a super fun trip. I'm sure I'll be back down soon

mtbr member
    May 2011
    That Whitefish Divide Range is spectacular country. Still feels very wild up there. Used to work in that area a long time ago and although I havn't been to those two particular lookouts spent a lot of time hiking and camping up there. Appreciated the trip report.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for posting, man you guys were running light for an 8 day trip. How did you do you food ? it does not look like you carried it all.

mtbr member
    Well, we were planning on a resupply stop after the 4th day. So, we were carrying 3 days worth of food for 4 days.The morning we left, we ate a huge breakfast, and on the fourth day rolled into town for dinner.

This ended up working perfectly. On the 4th day I rolled into town with a food supply of just 2 gels left.

Except for winter trips, i prefer to pack cold food to save the weight and space of a stove, but my trip partners are never into this. So, my buddy Shaun brought his JetBoil, and we ate dehydrated meals for dinner, which are light but bulky. And, bulk is more important to reduce then weight, because if my food gets too bulky I have to add more carrying capacity, which adds more weight

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sounds like you guys have got you stuff together. Way to live it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thats as cool of stuff as I have seen for a long time. As soon as I can figure out dehydrated beer!!! Probably just stay out there then. Nice job.
    ATV = fat A$$