mtbr member

12-21 Trails are a mess...

Don't even bother trying. I tried to run from 8th Street at 7am this morning (it was already 34 degrees). Ran about a mile and turned around. The gravel trails are OK but the other "unimproved" trails are either muddy or the snow has become super slick with all the rain. Plus, the warm temps have saturated the trails with moisture and without a hard freeze in the evening, it will become gumbo. If you're really jonesing for a ride or run, try a muddy wet ride up Rocky Canyon or 8th Street. Tomorrow morning, I think I'll try parking at the gate by the MotoX parking lot and run up to the Scott's trailhead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sharing the love
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist...

[SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

mtbr member

I, for one...

...am appreciative of the update, even though I knew this to be the case. I opted to take my new doggie for a walk on the gravel path to the tower above Military Reserve last night and it was soggy even for gravel. He did great! I'm smitten.
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

mtbr member

The long slow descent into dog ownership...

I'm smitten.

I have to warn you... From now on, runs will not be the same unless you have your pooch! What kind of dog did you get?

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist...

I'm with you on this one, Zeb! Snow + rain + fog + temps over 32 = foothills muck.

mtbr member

y'all crack me up...

my day starts pretty early (like 4am) and we're normally up and running 6am and riding by 730am. It wasn't raining hard (more like an annoying drizzle) during my run so I figured I'd save everyone the grief of heading out there and finding out the trails are messy, not knowing it was going to pour later in the morning (for us, late morning is 8am...hehe). By then, it was obviously not going to be a good for anything day... Maybe I should've just sent a PM to MTNgirl, rocknrollbarbie and Brad and as they seem to be the only folks that could've used the report...
    Man, it's so bad out there my road bike is starting to call me...

Hi!!!
    4am!?!?!?!? What time do you go to bed each night?

I've been running on the Greenbelt this month. The SS and road bike have been gathering dust . My only saving grace is making trips up to Bogus or the Park & Skis on the weekends. Definately going nuts not riding though.

mtbr member

I don't sleep much...

4am!?!?!?!? What time do you go to bed each night?
    Sleep is overrated... But seriously, I wake up pretty early naturally.
    I was working on bikes last night so was up relatively late. I think I went to bed at around 10 or 11pm...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I was working on bikes last night so was up relatively late.
    wtf dude...you work on your own bike....take it to the experts at one of the reputable LBS in the area.

they'll adjust your front der., maybe lube you chain and charge you an ass load for it.

and they'll tell you what's cool and what sucks...worth every penny...

notice the winkies^^^^^^ just joking...too wet to meet at the flagpole today...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Y'alls are a buncha whining nunnies. I rode my bike all over the foothills this morning leaving these really cool ruts for hundreds of others to follow. The best places to rides were off trail cos I like making my own trails and showing folks other places to ride. I hate getting mud on my running shoes and it was raining hard enough that all the mud covering my bike washed right off. I had the perfect tire setup too which was awesome. I would have taken pics but I was going too fast and having too much fun. Global warming rawks!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    What kinda dog?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    ...am appreciative of the update, even though I knew this to be the case. I opted to take my new doggie for a walk on the gravel path to the tower above Military Reserve last night and it was soggy even for gravel. He did great! I'm smitten.
    Hey MTNgirl long time no see. What have you been up to as of late. Me the same old thing. Staying at home watching the little one. Not much for playing these days. I'm back at in meridian this time round same days though. Sat and Sun. So you got a new dog,whats his name. Anyway just thought I would say hi and merry christmas. hope to see you soon.

mtbr member

hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Zona'sDad
    Hey MTNgirl long time no see. What have you been up to as of late. Me the same old thing. Staying at home watching the little one. Not much for playing these days. I'm back at in meridian this time round same days though. Sat and Sun. So you got a new dog,whats his name. Anyway just thought I would say hi and merry christmas. hope to see you soon.
    Wow you actually posted! So much for only being a lurker! Now that your posting cherry has been popped you should chime in a little more often. By the way do you ever check your pm's? Wait till you see her new boy, he sure is handsome and smart!

mtbr member
    Ok, so I have to report on my new canine friend.(Sorry if this is mundane and off topic, but it's slushy and muddy out there and we need a diversion.) He is a lab/border collie, but is all black and basically looks like a small black lab with a border collie build. Small and athletic, with big labby paws and soft labby ears. Big brown eyes and a big heart. I took one look at his build and his legs and thought, 'this guy wants to run!' His name is Ike, which he came with. I got him from a resident who took on a medical fellowship in India. He has had him since he was a pup, he's 1.5 now.

He's great with other dogs and cats, great on the trail, crate trained and great in the house (so far no accidents, no chewing, no neurosis that I can detect) lovey-dovey as can be.

HOWEVER~

Last night I was loading him into the truck and let go of his collar. He made a rocket-dog sprint for the middle of Federal Way. Yes, a GIANT 4-way intersection.

You know that heart attack feeling when you don't want to chase them INTO the traffic but are trying to not witness your dog's vehicular manslaughter right before your eyes? Half begging/half screaming, the demise was narrowly avoided. Thanks, Rico! Scared the crap outta me. I think I'll be using the leash between the house and car for a while, at least.
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I know that feeling. My male Vizsla onced decided it would be a good idea to jog down Warm Springs during rush hour.

Damn...that was a serious post.....pooh!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...