mtnjam

***velopark Alert***

For those of you that aren't on the list. It seems that some people have to resort to stupid tactics to potentially injury riders. This is about like stringing wire up on singletrack. This crap pisses me off. WTF is with all the nationwide hate recently? I'm super impressed with all that has gone on at the park and have participated in the building of some of these trails. For trail nazis to go in and screw it up makes me furious. There are plenty of other XC trails around town if you don't like riding near dh or fr trails. To whoever is doing this, this kind of bike park is a rarity in this country and we are recognized nationwide for the accomplishments that have gone into this park, the amount of donated hours, the recreational opportunites, the building of "community"

From Brad
    Just forwarding the warning message below to everyone. We have users at the park that don't appreciate the dh users (in Boise - unbelievable!). For example, some of the users on horses have been riding on and damaging some of the new trails during construction. Now we have people placing railroad ties into jump lines (I am not saying horse owners did this - just some user group frustrated with the changes - or someone who thinks they are hilarious). Keep your eyes open. A select few used to consider this area as their own private backyard and change is frustrating for them. Please read below.
    Just wanted to see if you would forward this along to folks who ride the velo. I went out there to do a couple of Sage Fright runs over lunch and, as I came out of the Talladega area and landed, was greeted with a railroad tie blocking the entire trail. Lucky for me it was closer to the big hip than the lander coming out of the Talladega, or I would've been a dead man. I moved her off to the side so you can see it out there, but just wanted to send this out to folks and say it might be wise to walk the trails now before you ride them. When you combine this with the sage brush that was strewn all over the Stormin Mormon between the Drop of Death and the Canyon Gap about a week and a half ago, it is clear there are some folks who aren't too excited about what's being accomplished out there. Anyway, I know I'll be walking everything from now on before I ride and just wanted to get the word out as I'd hate to see someone get hurt. Take care.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Remote
    Activated
    Cameras

Or

Remote
    Activated
    Rifles

Not Both
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    A guy was doing that on South Mountain in AZ. He was putting big rocks in slots around turns. I think a few people got injured. The law got a hold of him and prosecuted.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I can't believe sh!t like this happens. I recently moved right across the street from the park and can tell you that the buzz around the park has been really cool. People riding, hiking, running. I have not run into anybody that wasnt friendly except for the kids at the skate park but they are teenagers and p!ssed off at the world anyways. I can tell you that I look right out at the hill and if I see anyone doing Sh!t like what was described above I will take action.

mtbr member
    its understandable that we all aren't into the same style of riding...it becomes very evident when you look at all of the forums on this website...things like the bike park give those who want to ride dh/fr a place to do it, without poaching trail, or building illegal trails. we are all on 2 wheels, and i vote we start a trend...wave at every bicyclist you see...roadie, fixie, cruiser folk, xc'er, dh'er, freerider and any other bike trend that i missed....when you see some goofball waving at you cause you are on a bike, it just might be me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdirte
    its understandable that we all aren't into the same style of riding...it becomes very evident when you look at all of the forums on this website...things like the bike park give those who want to ride dh/fr a place to do it, without poaching trail, or building illegal trails. we are all on 2 wheels, and i vote we start a trend...wave at every bicyclist you see...roadie, fixie, cruiser folk, xc'er, dh'er, freerider and any other bike trend that i missed....when you see some goofball waving at you cause you are on a bike, it just might be me.
    I like it! Reminds me of back home in small town Montana when we'd wave at everyone on the road when we driving around...not because you knew them, but because it was so rare to see someone else on the road...so you waved! I still remember seeing the look on out-of-state'rs faces when we waved at them. It was a look of utter confusion: "What the...? Why are they waving at me?"

Anyway, I'll join ya on this one!
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

hispanic mechanic
    My wife and I are visiting, and just rode at the park. You are so lucky to have this in your community. What a great park! I'm so sorry that a few idiots try and ruin things. We saw a couple of other people, but no one else on bikes. They were super friendly, not likely to be saboteurs!

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/