Thread: XL mojo

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

XL mojo

please show me you xl mojos thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My XL-SL is scheduled for 'early january' arrival... I will certainly put some pics up when it shows... In the mean time I second the 'show your xl mojo' idea, anyone else getting their XL-SLs in the next couple days?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    here is mine

xl frame
    red ano links w/ ti bolt kit
    k force light cranks
    xtr shifters
    xtr shadow r der
    xtr front der
    magura marta sl brakes
    mavic crossmax slr wheelset
    easton ec90 post
    race face next bars
    sella italia flite ti rail seat
    Attached Images Attached Images

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmcgill
    here is mine

xl frame
    red ano links w/ ti bolt kit
    k force light cranks
    xtr shifters
    xtr shadow r der
    xtr front der
    magura marta sl brakes
    mavic crossmax slr wheelset
    easton ec90 post
    race face next bars
    sella italia flite ti rail seat
    Sweet! Weight? Why not cut the steerer down some?
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey Todd,

thanks for the pics, very interesting for me, as I am 6'6"-6'7" and interested in a Mojo.

Can I ask you a q: how tall are you and what length and angle of stem do you use? Do you have any difficulty in keeping the front wheel on the ground on steep climbs?

Best,

Jever

MPI
    mtbr member
    Hi!

Mine

Frame Ibis carbon XL frame
    Fork RockShox Pike 454 U-Turn Coil 95-140 PopLoc
    Headset Cane Creek IS8
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X.0
    Front Derailleur Shimano XT
    Shifters SRAM X.9
    Brake levers Avid Juicy 7
    Brakes Avid Juicy 7 203/185
    Hubs Hope Pro II
    Cassette Shimano Deore XT 11-34
    Rims Mavic 819 UST
    Tires Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
    Cranks Shimano XTR
    Bashguard Ethirteen Supercharger
    Bottom Bracket Shimano XTR
    Stem Syntace VRO
    Handle bar Syntace VRO low riser
    Grips Ergon E1 enduro grips
    Saddle Specialized Rival II
    Seatpost Maverick Speedball RM
    Pedals Shimano 540

Greets MPI!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey MPI, could you pls post how tall you are and what stem setup you use? I am trying to figure out my best setup, without being able to test ride.

Thanks
    Jever

MPI
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jever98
    Hey MPI, could you pls post how tall you are and what stem setup you use? I am trying to figure out my best setup, without being able to test ride.

Thanks
    Jever
    Hi Jever!

I am 189cm (~6,2) ja 95kg (~209). Stem is a fully adjustable Syntace VRO stem (55-105 mm) with 20 degrees rise. http://www.syntace.com
    Syntace stem needs a Syntace bar because of the construction of stem. So you cannot use any other bars with it.

Greets MPI!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    MPI -- I see that you have a speedball on your bike and that you are a similar height... How is that working out for you? I have to have the XL frame due to having most of my height in my inseam (36).

I have been considering getting one of those. Despite the extra half pound it seems like a great option to open up performance on everything but the long haul where you need pedal efficiency above all else.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the info MPI.

Anybody else out there with my height (6'6" - 6'7") riding a mojo? I heard tall Tom from Ibis was, but am curious if anyone else has experience with that.

Cheers
    Jever

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    hey i am 6'6" tall 36" inseam 210 pounds
    i am currently running a bontrager 120mm 17 deg rise stem off of my fisher hifi,
    as you can i am sure see from my photos my seat post is pretty well extended making my center of gravity a bit high, which as you guesses seems to make the front end a bit light on hills and in corners, i can overcome this by leaning foward and lowering my center of gravity,
    which addresses bunnys question , i recently dropped my stem to see if that would help get me over the front end more helping weight the front,
    it did to some extent,at the cost of some hand numbness,
    i havent decided if this is where it will stay so i havent trimmed it,i am trying to find a longer stem with a decent weight and maybe less rise that i can play with before doing any trimming.
    my current weight is 26 pounds which a little heavier than i expected but ohh well.it was 24.4 with tubless maxxis ignitors, but i didnt like the grip of dusty leafy trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hi Todd,

thanks a lot for the information - very interesting.

I was thinking of running a 110mm 10 degree stem, and to use a fork that can be collapsed easily for climbing - for example the Pace RC41. On my current bike, a Bionicon Edison (same length frame, adjustible geometry) I find the ability to collapse the fork very useful for climbs.

In terms of seat post - I am toying with the idea of getting a 400 or 420mm gravity dropper. With the collapsible fork and a quick drop post I hope to have a combination that would make the bike work for me well.

Btw my trouser inseam is 36", leg length 99cm (usually ride with top of saddle at something like 83 or 88cm above bottom bracket)

May be some other tall folks wanna join in and share experience?

Thanks
    Jever

MPI
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smkndrgn
    MPI -- I see that you have a speedball on your bike and that you are a similar height... How is that working out for you? I have to have the XL frame due to having most of my height in my inseam (36).

I have been considering getting one of those. Despite the extra half pound it seems like a great option to open up performance on everything but the long haul where you need pedal efficiency above all else.
    Hi!

Speedball increased my speed and ability to descent. I can move my body better without hitting ba..s to saddle. Very good product. Little bit sideplay in post but you do not notice it when riding. Saddlepost also needs some maintenance if you ride alot, but it is DIY thing.

Greets MPI!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Just throwing this out there... i LOVED the mojo but at 6'4" with a 37" inseam i knew there were going to be some compromises to make it fit. I demo'ed a 29er and ended up buying it instead. My bike handling is much improved, the seat post isn't ridiculously high, i feel comfortable on the bike etc. The downside is that you have a heavier bike (maybe 4-5lbs)... but it fits and handles better for me than a 26er!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wow, Mojo XL looks the same as other Mojo sizes. I hate some companies where the large frame looks ugly, its like they just add a longer head tube and doesnt care bout how the bike looks anymore.

Toddmcgill, ur bike looks perfect with those red add-ons.

MPI, nice seatpost, how do you like it and what you think bout the Syntace stem?
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thanks for the compliments on my bikes looks i like it alot but sometimes fear that i am going overboard with the bling.lol

MPI
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Wow, Mojo XL looks the same as other Mojo sizes. I hate some companies where the large frame looks ugly, its like they just add a longer head tube and doesnt care bout how the bike looks anymore.

Toddmcgill, ur bike looks perfect with those red add-ons.

MPI, nice seatpost, how do you like it and what you think bout the Syntace stem?
    Hi!

About Maverick Speedball see a post above. I like a little laidback position and Syntace stem and bar makes it possible. Both are must to me.

Greets MPI!