mtbr member

x-post HD Demo Sedona AZ

Cross post off of Arizona Forum. But a test ride in the technical terrain of Sedona.

Mojo HD demo day @ Sedona
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    How did it corner in the tighter turns, and the slower speed tech stuff?

mtbr member
    I'd say in low speed, tight cornering as in a downhill switchback with 8"-14" drops/steps, the bike handled very similar to most trail bikes. Noticeable was the lax head angle, but by keeping the suspension engaged it had no flat spots or stalling tendencies. Sometimes when I come to a standstill on top of a turn or drop, I get a bobble which in the most frustrating times causes me to unclip and then have to walk the section rather than ride it. But I do attribute the company and bike to go for it a little more on this one ride. Mentally, its really reassuring to see a thicker set of forks (36mm vs32mm) and a very beefy head tube/stem sitting in front of me that just inspires confidence to roll those corners filled with rock. I've learned that once that front wheel drops into a endo eating hole, its usually better to apply pedal power and front wheel lift to save the day. The HD frame stiffness handles this in spades.
    On the downside though, it didn't happen on this ride, but a friend rides a standard Mojo. He hates taking through water/mud because the bike then squeeks, howls, creaks with protest. Once it dries out, then its fine. It would be interesting to hear from others how their bike handles the wet elements.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Cool. What size frame did you Demo?

The Stems on those demo bikes are 100mm. Kinda long.