mtbr member
    Nov 2010

X-fusion Velvet-Special Blend Owner, what setting do you have on the fork and shock?

ok, I just received my special blend SL last week, and it has seen dirt for 4 times only.
    Im not sure about the suspension setting, especially xfusion velvet fork.
    on flat and climbing, it performs well, but downhill, too stiff and shaky on front end. The rear shock seems pretty good. I can only compare it to my old bike with pike dual air, very nice fork, very plush.

So what setting do you have on fork and shock? what is your weight and riding style?
    my fork is xfusion velvet RL with 70psi, rebound closer to slow. The shock is FOX RPL.

I try to get similar plushness like my pike. btw, im 175 lbs geared, i ride xc to light AM, a little drop and jumps, nothing crazy.

Thanks riders..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inter View Post
    ok, I just received my special blend SL last week, and it has seen dirt for 4 times only.
    Im not sure about the suspension setting, especially xfusion velvet fork.
    on flat and climbing, it performs well, but downhill, too stiff and shaky on front end. The rear shock seems pretty good. I can only compare it to my old bike with pike dual air, very nice fork, very plush.

So what setting do you have on fork and shock? what is your weight and riding style?
    my fork is xfusion velvet RL with 70psi, rebound closer to slow. The shock is FOX RPL.

I try to get similar plushness like my pike. btw, im 175 lbs geared, i ride xc to light AM, a little drop and jumps, nothing crazy.

Thanks riders..
    It should have 10-15hours of riding time before you fully brake it in. I do not own one, but considering to get it for a 650b conversion.
    You should set the rebound as fast as it is comfortable or manageable.
    That's at least what works for me, low psi, faster rebound and minimal slow speed compression. I am a light rider though.
    Sorry I couldn't help you more, but let us know how it goes and how you like it.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    It should have 10-15hours of riding time before you fully brake it in. I do not own one, but considering to get it for a 650b conversion.
    You should set the rebound as fast as it is comfortable or manageable.
    That's at least what works for me, low psi, faster rebound and minimal slow speed compression. I am a light rider though.
    Sorry I couldn't help you more, but let us know how it goes and how you like it.
    Good luck!
    Thanks Jazzanova,
    It has been 4 rides, 2 hrs each ride, so I need 1-2 more rides to break in, makes sense. I noticed the first ride was the worst on downhill. it is better now, still not plush enough tho.
    But im pretty happy with this bike. on my last ride, I cleared a climb that I had never cleared before, I was stoked myself, "did I just cleared that?".
    Im 175 lbs geared, fork setting now is a tad under 60psi (was 70psi), rebound in middle close to slow a bit. will test ride again soon.

cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    After you get a good ride in with the new settings, I would really recommend you play with the rebound (sounds like it's still too slow to me). In general for any fork, if it is too slow, when you go to rip a descent it will feel stiff and shaky as the fork packs down from repeated hits. If rebound is too fast, you will feel it bouncing and it will be hard to control.

I don't personally own a Velvet so I can't tell you a number of clicks. I would suggest doing a descent, turning it two clicks faster, and if possible do the same descent again. Repeat until you get it just where like it. Just only change one variable at a time.