Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Works headset- Mojo Sl

Has anyone put a works headset on their Sl? I want to slacken my HTA. I've heard that I can only get a -1 because the steerer is 1 1/8. Is -1 noticeable? Can anyone confirm this? I've emailed works but no response.

How hard is it to install? Do I need any special tools?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    So nice to see someone has finally come out with an angleset option for Intigrated headsets.I don't see anything on their website, where did you get this info?

mtbr member
    Someone at a race was telling me about it a few weeks ago? Did I get some bad information? Is there no way to slacken my HA?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

No good

Ah bummer....My guess is they were BSing you or they had no idea what they were talking about, sure hope I'm wrong though.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I had tried to contact them in the past with the same question. Twice. NO response. After no responses, even if they did have a headset, I wouldn't buy it from them for their bad communication. If they don't have the courtesy to respond and say yes or no, then how are they going to respond if I had a problem with their products. Worse yet, they're overseas.

Fuggatta 'bout it.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    I had tried to contact them in the past with the same question. Twice. NO response. After no responses, even if they did have a headset, I wouldn't buy it from them for their bad communication. If they don't have the courtesy to respond and say yes or no, then how are they going to respond if I had a problem with their products. Worse yet, they're overseas.

Fuggatta 'bout it.

mtbr member
    Well, that sucks. Sounds like I'm stuck with a 69 HA.

mtbr member
    I have the 1.5 degree set for my HD, pretty straightforward install but the crown race is a little thin. No issues a little grease doesn't fix.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by trap121 View Post
    Well, that sucks. Sounds like I'm stuck with a 69 HA.
    the 69 hta is based on a fox 140 I believe.

Should be around 68 with a rs 150

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    They have 1.5 and 2.0 degree for 1 1/8 Steering tube, like mojo sl head tube?. Not sure tho if it will fit.
    1 5 Degree EC44 - ZS44 - Angle Headset Semi-Integrated type

Im interested too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    the 69 hta is based on a fox 140 I believe.

Should be around 68 with a rs 150
    According to ibis website a 150 would set the SL at 68.5. I doubt that would even be noticeable.

Dropshot Champ!
    when I did the math on going from a 2008 talas 140 to a 2011 rs revelation 150, it was a 1 degree change.

the rockshox 150 was taller than a fox 150.

take a look at the a2c (axle-to-crown) numbers and see what you'd get

mtbr member
    why not just put a 160 on front and get your sl down to 67... I like my stock mojo hd angle of 67 for all around trail riding.. sometimes I want 66 though...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

Dropshot Champ!
    my revelation can lower to 120 at the flick of a switch for big climbs. I had a fox 36 on the front and absolutely hated it. Wouldn't tell anyone to do that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    why not just put a 160 on front and get your sl down to 67... I like my stock mojo hd angle of 67 for all around trail riding.. sometimes I want 66 though...
    I thought about doing this but ibis said it would throw the weight distribution off. They said even though the bike can handle it its better with a 150.

So I'm thinking of either getting my talas converted to a float 150 by Push or just buying a new 150.

Can anyone comment on how the SL rides with a 160?

mtbr member
    I don't think works is doing anything with the IS standard that would fit the Mojo SL. I too tried to figure out how to get the head angle on this bike down to about 67. Not sure there is any way to do it without running a fork like a Fox 36, or a lyrik at 160 MM.

Step one: buy a bigger fork
    Step two: buy an HD or SLR frame

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trap121 View Post
    I thought about doing this but ibis said it would throw the weight distribution off. They said even though the bike can handle it its better with a 150.

So I'm thinking of either getting my talas converted to a float 150 by Push or just buying a new 150.

Can anyone comment on how the SL rides with a 160?

I've seen many many post saying that riding the SL with a 160 is fine. But most of those were dated before the HD and SLR were available. Right now I'm running mine with a revelation 150, and I have to say that it performs extremely well except for the sum of the roughest terrain.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Also hate the 160 on the Mojo SL. I have an Angle Finder app. and checked my SL head angle running a DT Swiss EXC 150mm & Rocket Ron 2.4 front tire = 68.4 degrees. Like Red mentioned a few posts up the RS Revelation may have the largest A to C of 150mm forks & that could have the HA closer to 68 degrees.

mtbr member
    I should have mentiond that with my RS Rev at 150 with a Congo trailing 2.4 front and 2.2 back my head angle is about 68.

I was thinking of picking up a 2010 or 2011 Lyrik and run it at 150mm this would ad about 5mm of A2C. Should make for a decent trail/AM geometry. That said I am still planning on getting an HD at some point. Though lord only knows when I can get it past the CFO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What about using offset shock bushings to slacken the head angle out? Any negative affects on the suspension characteristics could be counteracted by adding a volume reducer inside the shock - kits come with three different sizes so there should be room to manoeuvre

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    What about using offset shock bushings to slacken the head angle out? Any negative affects on the suspension characteristics could be counteracted by adding a volume reducer inside the shock - kits come with three different sizes so there should be room to manoeuvre
    There have been a few threads in this forum discussing offset bushings. None of the responses got me comfortable with the outcome. The fact the my 2.2 trailking tire already rubs my seat tube at full compression does not help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hani1 View Post
    There have been a few threads in this forum discussing offset bushings. None of the responses got me comfortable with the outcome. The fact the my 2.2 trailking tire already rubs my seat tube at full compression does not help.
    Your trail king rubs? I have a 2.2 and there is plenty of clearance mine.

Dropshot Champ!
    conti tires suffer from being really "tall" tires. A tk2.2 will rub most mojo frames when landing jumps/drops. It rubs at the seat tube, not inside the rear tri.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    conti tires suffer from being really "tall" tires. A tk2.2 will rub most mojo frames when landing jumps/drops. It rubs at the seat tube, not inside the rear tri.
    What he said

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast