mtbr member
    May 2011

Works components headset

Hi!

I was wondering which works components "angleset" suits the mojo hd with a tapered fork?
    Is it the same as cane creek angleset (ec44-ec49)?

Full Headsets - Most Common Sizes.

Does anyone have it on the bike? I'm wondering what is the stack height for the -1 degree version..

Thanks,
    Martin

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm running the ec/ec headset with 1.5 deg change with a tapered fork. there, the upper cup stack like 10mm higher as before which I don't mind as I run rather low bars and stem. works just as it should: great stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The ec44/ec49 version?
    Could you please measure the headset stack height?

Thanks!
    Last edited by martinzone; 02-19-2013 at 03:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Lower Cup is 15mm, upper 10mm + the dust cap of ca. 4mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just fitted a 1.5 degree headset in the EC44/49 fitting to my HD140, slacks it out to 66.5 degrees and lowers the bb a few mm and rides like a dream!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just installed the 1.5 degree works components headset for my tapered steerer. Check out the before and after pic. Rides way better. I ordered through the Works website and took three weeks to arrive to Denver CO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Works components headset-worksheadsetcomparison.jpg  

Weapon of Choice
    What price for the works headset? The Ibis site has cane creek on for $175 but its a one degree only I believe? Would be interested in the works upgrade for my HD.

Super Unknown

mtbr member
    I just ordered an 1.5 degree EC44/EC49 for my HD yesterday. I believe the headset came to $135ish with shipping.

Bummed it took 3 weeks to get to Denver as that's where I'm located. Oh well, it will give me time to have the fork serviced and time to order the Ti coil I've been meaning to get.

Can't wait to ride the beast once the upgrades are done!

JRE
    Now living in Denver, CO.
    My bikes:
    11' Ibis Mojo HD
    08' Iron Horse Sunday WC

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JLid View Post
    Just installed the 1.5 degree works components headset for my tapered steerer. Check out the before and after pic. Rides way better. I ordered through the Works website and took three weeks to arrive to Denver CO.
    Just received my 1 degree angleset from works yesterday and I'm planning to get it installed tomorrow on my HD. Can I ask why you didn't go with the 1 degree? Our head angle is 67 degrees stock so you effectively brought it to 65.5? Do you feel that's too slack? Any issues climbing with it being that slack? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I went with the 1.5 b/c I wanted to slacken the most I could. I was really doing it for the downhills but turns out the bike also climbs way better. Takes rock impacts better and you have more of a "in the bike" feeling. You will be happy with the 1 degree though. They will ride very similar. Slackening the HD was one of the best upgrades I have done. Cant imagine riding my bike without it anymore.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JLid View Post
    I went with the 1.5 b/c I wanted to slacken the most I could. I was really doing it for the downhills but turns out the bike also climbs way better. Takes rock impacts better and you have more of a "in the bike" feeling. You will be happy with the 1 degree though. They will ride very similar. Slackening the HD was one of the best upgrades I have done. Cant imagine riding my bike without it anymore.
    Just got the bike back! Wow I didn't realize how significant even the -1 degree can alter the fork angle. The bike looks great and I'm stoked to test it out at summit next weekend. Looking forward to the geometry changes. Thanks for your input!