mtbr member

Will there be a 1*11 build kit available in 2013?

Now that SRAM has introduced the XX1 1*11 drivetrain it would be interesting to know if Ibis is planning to have a 1*11 (or 1*10) build kit available for 2013. Anybody have any insight or comments on this idea?
    Pertti
    Lahti, Finland
    MC Kramppi

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I think if the chain can be made to last as long as 2x10 the new 1x 9 will be the way to go for me at least.

The best part for me, where Shram really hit the head of the nail on this one is the nearly .68 gear ratio possible (almost). This is where Shimano dropped the ball IMHO. If you want to run XTR 2x10 on a 29er, you just simply have to be stronger or face walking up hills that you used to climb because your gear inch ratio has effectively grown. Or you can run 3x10...

If they don't spec a top end Ripley with it, they really really should.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Portti View Post
    Now that SRAM has introduced the XX1 1*11 drivetrain it would be interesting to know if Ibis is planning to have a 1*11 (or 1*10) build kit available for 2013. Anybody have any insight or comments on this idea?

It's a bit early to say on this. We're interested to hear people's thoughts on it though.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    It's a bit early to say on this. We're interested to hear people's thoughts on it though.

H
    A 1*11 (or *10) build kit would certainly be a welcome addition. I've run a 1*10 drivetrain on my Mojo SL for couple of months and I'm quite happy with it. Now I'm considering a new Ripley 29" and would want a 1* drivetrain on that bike too. The price on the new SRAM XX1could make it a pretty pricey build kit however. If there would be a more reasonably priced 1* alternative that would be great.
    Pertti
    Lahti, Finland
    MC Kramppi