mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Will RS Monarch Plus Fit a Small HD?

Will it clear? On the Ibis website, the Fox DHX Air will not fit the small, I'm assuming because of the reservoir.

Anyone?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Probably best to double check with Ibis but I have a MOnarch plus on my Med HD and it is a tight fit, especially when I flick the compression adj to high, it is perilously close to the frame. I would think a small would be too tight. Maybe if you turned the resevoir around to be closer to the seat tube?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can you possibly post a pic? I'm about ready to buy one but of course wanna make sure it's gonna fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Here is mine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will RS Monarch Plus Fit a Small HD?-005-1024x567-.jpg  

Will RS Monarch Plus Fit a Small HD?-006-1024x576-.jpg  

Last edited by Gunnar-man; 07-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for posting that pic, Gunnarman! Yes, that is close. Would it clear more if you mounted the shock the other way? I wonder on the small frame where if that oval shape is proportionally smaller making the DHX air not fit.

A call to Ibis is in order tomorrow..

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Thanks for posting that pic, Gunnarman! Yes, that is close. Would it clear more if you mounted the shock the other way? I wonder on the small frame where if that oval shape is proportionally smaller making the DHX air not fit.

A call to Ibis is in order tomorrow..
    Hey myitch,

The Monarch Plus is currently the only piggy back shock that we know of that will fit on the Mojo HD size small.

That being said it will only fit a small frame if it is mounted upside down and backwards.

Feel free to give us a call or email me Todd@ibiscycles.com if you have any more questions.

Best, Todd
    Todd
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by toddibis View Post
    Hey myitch,

The Monarch Plus is currently the only piggy back shock that we know of that will fit on the Mojo HD size small.

That being said it will only fit a small frame if it is mounted upside down and backwards.

Feel free to give us a call or email me Todd@ibiscycles.com if you have any more questions.

Best, Todd
    Very cool, Todd. Thanks for answering my question even at 12am. I'm a happy man knowing I can make it fit, albeit with a different orientation.

Another question: Will a Fox Van 36 with a zero stack lower headset cup clear the downtube?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Another question: Will a Fox Van 36 with a zero stack lower headset cup clear the downtube?
    The knobs will hit with a zero stack on the Small HD. You will need to use a regular headset.

Best, Todd
    Todd
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Lightly salted
    Here is my size small hd 160 with a monarch plus. No problems. I just got this shock from Push last week and I am very impressed. Much better performance than the Kashima rp23 it replaced.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From PUSH? I thought they stopped stocking and tuning RS goods

Lightly salted
    I ordered one of the last 2 monarch plus Push had last month. If you call them they may still have the last one. It wasn't posted on their website, but I called them direct and they said they had 2 left. Since I can't fit a coil shock on a small frame I asked Push to tune the monarch for good small bump and trail chatter and to get it to feel as much like a coil as possible. Im very happy with the results and was suprised by how good it performed! The monarch plus in max compression setting climbs better than the rp23 did, and in min compression setting is more supple with out all the spikey feeling the rp23 had.