artistic...

why did stop building the Tranny?

It was perfect. Price was way steep.. but the bike was brilliant.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

aka dan51
    Possibly for a 29er version...
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    Possibly for a 29er version...
    This. Not much market for 26er HTs (apparently).

mtbr member
    There was zero demand. Yeti has killed the SB66 as well because nobody is buying 26's. I doubt Ibis is ordering 160 links for the HDR any longer as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Yeti has killed the SB66 as well because nobody is buying 26's.
    Really? It's still on their website, and the UK press is full of Hannah Barnes and her brand new works SB66C.

What I don't understand is why they ditched the Big Top.

mtbr member
    There is a long thread on the Yeti site and one of the employees weighed in. All of the online retailers are blowing out the 66's. Comps have been picked up as low as $1750 complete. They said there was zero demand in their preseason orders for it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    There was zero demand. Yeti has killed the SB66 as well because nobody is buying 26's. I doubt Ibis is ordering 160 links for the HDR any longer as well.
    Myself and 4 of my friends are all rocking 160 HDR's I find this hard to believe.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    That is just an educated guess on my part, but there were some discussions that led me to believe they are focused on the 130/275 HDR going forward. My HDR is 160/26 as well.

Dropshot Champ!
    like others have said, the market for 26 ht's is very low. We all suspect a tranny 29er at some point, that is a bike that will sell!

They axed a few other bikes as well, including the silk sl road bike. I see more and more people just building hakkalugi's with 25-28mm road tires, and enjoying the benefits of a disc. I wonder if they'll bring back the road bike as a disc road bike, but offer more road geo than the current hakkalugi.

Ibis knows what they're doing though. It's just a waiting game for us not in the loop, but that just builds excitement on what may come next

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    That's too bad re: e SB 66, considering the new 27.5 yeti has been panned this week by some of the media (some of which are very good riders and journalists [Kemp])

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I was talking with someone at Ibis on the phone recently and they said a replacement was in the works, I asked if it might be a 27.5, but was told no.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ That's funny, since a guy at my LBS (Ibis dealer) told me the Ibis race team was rolling special-made 27.5's last year. I'm happy with my Tranny, but it does get left behind a lot now that I have an HD!
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

meh
    it was listed as a 29er a while back after some creative sleuthing...would think as a hardtail it would almost have to be a 29er these days market-wise

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    it was listed as a 29er a while back after some creative sleuthing...would think as a hardtail it would almost have to be a 29er these days market-wise
    This. There's not really a good reason to launch a 27.5 HT as none of the rear suspension packaging issues apply.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    ^^ That's funny, since a guy at my LBS (Ibis dealer) told me the Ibis race team was rolling special-made 27.5's last year. I'm happy with my Tranny, but it does get left behind a lot now that I have an HD!
    are they special made? I think buy-cell prolly just tossed 650b tires in there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There might be more interest in a 27.5 tranny than you think. I recently got to ride a 27.5 scott scale and was really impressed with it. I have ridden/raced 29er hardtails for the last 4 years, but fit is always an issue. There may not be a huge market, but I would be interested in a 27.5 frame that you could travel with or turn into a single speed easily. Maybe they could make the smaller sizes 27.5 like Yeti does with its arc-c.