www.derbyrims.com

Who's going to Sea Otter?

I'm going to be there Friday through Sunday. I'm not racing, but it would be fun to hook up with some other Mojo riders for a loop of the race track.

I imagine Ibis will be there again, the headquarters is only 45 minutes away.

DW has attended almost every year since at least '03.

It would be really cool if the Ibis guys could set up a time to gather us Ibis riders together for a Q&A (and Mojo frame autograph session?). Maybe they could gather DW into the session. Looking at the schedule, Saturday at about 4PM, just after the last MTB event the finals of the Duel Slalom, would be my suggestion to avoid conflicts with the day's racing events and party plans.

Weather should be coll in the 60ís, it rained a little last year so it won't this year, right? There's a 30% chance of showers on Saturday they say today (Monday). There hasn't been much rain this year so the trails and racing should be good. And the expo is always huge at this largest bicycle event in the US.

See you there! Iíll be the one riding the Mojo with silver Giro Xen helmet with red stripes.

- ray

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

We'll be there

Ray,
    We'll be there, booth 301 on the grass I believe. I've written to DW to see if he is coming and if he can make it.
    Scot

flow where ever you go
    I'll be there on Saturday, and racing. My first time racing. And on the Mojo, oh my!

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey guys,

I would really love to be there but I have a prior engagement so I can't make it to Sea Otter this year!

Sorry!

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

www.derbyrims.com
    I bailed out and left Sea Otter around 12:30 Saturday when the rain and wind got really bad.

Friday was a beautiful day. I imagine Sunday was OK, Iím guessing clear but colder and windy. I needed one more day to finish my research objectives but circumstances including the loss of my motel reservations due to credit card number theft made it impractical.

I did get a chance to meet a number of Mojo riders including a couple guys from England who picked up two new Mojos at the start of their 11 week vacation. And I learned more about the Mojo construction, and saw the frame colors on display. (Note to Ibis: If possible, matching touch up paint will probably be in high demand to fill rock chips or cable rub areas.)

Tall Tom (Morgan), the President of Ibis, is the Mojo Carbonís geometry designer. Heís coming from a long bicycle industry background of experience, from working with Manitou and starting up the TiTec component brand.

Tom has certainly designed the most versatile use mountain bike frame ever, having the ability to race competitively in XC pro races (with a shorter fork and rear travel limitation adjustments), to heavy-duty All Mountain trail use, in no small part enabled due to his choice to use the dw-Link.

The Mojo frame design process with Dave Weagle is the origin of the horizontal shock mounted dw-Link design now also used by the Iron Horse Azure XC bike, and included in the dw-Link patent graphics.

For anyone curious about a Freeride or Downhill type Ibis bike, Tom says there is some thought already put into it, but nothing is planed for production anytime soon. So I may be ordering an Iron Horse 7Point dw-Link big hit bike to better facilitate my suicidal tendencies