Sponge Brain
    Mar 2009

Who's endurance racing their Mojo?

I'm curious who is endurance racing their Mojo's? I am planning on doing a range of endurance events (50mile, 100mile, 111km, 12hr, 24hr, etc) on my Mojo SL. Doing races in CO, WY, and NM. Primarily the RMU races, plus a few others.

Who else is racing and what type of events?

Do you have a special parts setup you race with?

I'm racing with a near stock '09 XT Mojo SL. Hopefully I can afford a lighter wheel set sometime early in the race season... Not sure what my tire setup will be either.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have raced a few 24/12 hour events on mine but I am now moving to a lower travel FS bike. I am still keeping the Mojo SL for fun though.

I raced mine at about 25lbs.

I have signed up for a number of competitive endurance events for 2010 and did not feel the Mojo SL was the best choice for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

enduro

I race a carbon hardtail giant xtc with Xt build and also a Mojo with a full xtr build including wheels,

I run a 100ml fork, and a 110ml stem on the mojo and use it 80% of the time for racing over my hardtail. I was runnning the mojo with the DT swiss shock however now run it with the fox shock as the DT was going to cost more to repair than buying a new shock.

I am about to try inverting the mojo head stem and running a 120ml fork and see if i prefer the longer fork set up. the shorter travel fork has enabled me to get over the front wheel which i have found improves cornering and get me in a more race body position similar to the hardtail.
    At last count I had ridden the Mojo just under 4000 km over about 20 months and am pretty happy with it and don't feel like changing to another bike at this stage. If pivot came out with a carbon bike that was a lot lighter than what they are offering at present I may be tempted next year as they have a longer top tube on their mach 4 that may suit me better due to longer body and shorter legs.