mtbr member

Who's already got a Ripley? Who's waiting?

I ordered an XL from Competitive Cyclist; originally arriving this week, then pushed to next week, now "soon". They also mentioned that Larges were delayed somewhat. Are folks who ordered Larges already getting bikes? What are you hearing for wait times?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    as of last friday at least (5/10/13), i secured the last remaining blue, Large from CC. and it shipped out today! I was told that was the last Large they had in any color.

mtbr member
    Got it; sounds like you got the last of the first batch of Larges. I gather XLs are slower to arrive and the first ones haven't yet made an appearance. Has anyone anywhere spotted an XL in the wild?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I was told when I ordered an XL on the day the bike was released that XL size frames would be 10-12 weeks (from March 17). That would put it somewhere in the early to mid June time frame for delivery. I haven't heard an update since, but I'm not planning on seeing any XL frames until mid-June (just my opinion). The way I understand the production order was Larges first, then mediums, then smalls, then XL. I may be mistaken, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a medium yet...if you have a medium, feel free to chime in!

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by tlechnow View Post
    I was told when I ordered an XL on the day the bike was released that XL size frames would be 10-12 weeks (from March 17). That would put it somewhere in the early to mid June time frame for delivery. I haven't heard an update since, but I'm not planning on seeing any XL frames until mid-June (just my opinion). The way I understand the production order was Larges first, then mediums, then smalls, then XL. I may be mistaken, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a medium yet...if you have a medium, feel free to chime in!
    No mediums as yet. Been waiting since Aug 2011, so 21 months...

mtbr member
    So I emailed CompCyclist for an update, and they just got back to me. They claim May 24th for delivery of the XL frames to their warehouse. If the production schedule is as you say, this would be a bit surprising, as I haven't heard of anything but Larges actually shipping so far...

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    So I emailed CompCyclist for an update, and they just got back to me. They claim May 24th for delivery of the XL frames to their warehouse. ...
    From everything I have been told May 24th sounds very optimistic on the XLs. I had an order in for an XL the day before the Ripley was announced but changed to a Large after demoing one locally last week. My Large is supposed to arrive this week (purchasing from LBS here in Denver area), but I'm not holding my breath

The Crow
    I'm waiting, but only to see what else Ibis comes up this year before I pull the trigger. Placed an order, but couldn't get the color I wanted so decided to wait. Then thought it best to see what else pops up before I spend my money as I already have a Momsen VIPA 29er on order.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mdc
    mtbr member
    My L came in yesterday ( w./Fox 34). I live in Mass and my shop is in RI. I think there was a delay with the Fox fork, which held things up a bit more than expected. Can not WAIT to get it out on the trails!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have a small on order. LBS says end of May or early June.

mtbr member
    Hello All,

Tom from Ibis posting. I'd like to clear up some confusion here about the delivery dates for Small and X-Large Ripley frames.

Before I get into specifics though I need to add some caveats: the schedule we have is the best information we have available to us at this moment, but it doesn't mean that the schedule will not change. Things like Customs holds, bearing deliveries, power outages at the factory, and other factors are beyond our control. None of us enjoy being misinformed - whether you are deliverer or the receiver of bad information. Also, we (Ibis) do not have visibility to your individual order, we cannot tell you when 'your' bike will be delivered. The schedule given here is for arrival at Ibis HQ, I cannot account for the time needed to process individual orders and transit time to your shop.

Okay, the first production Small Ripley frames were due to arrive at the end of May. However, that production has been pushed back and the new schedule is for the end of June. Small frames can be the most difficult to make, and this case was no exception. The first X-Large frames are still scheduled for the end of June, this has not changed. The first X-Large shipment will be for a very small quantity, and will not cover all of the back orders. I assume that we will see more in July, but that production schedule is not yet available.

Okay, if there are any major changes to the schedule we will post something, but your dealer is still the best source of information about your individual order. Please check with your dealer is you have any questions about your order.

Take Care,
    Tom

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Tom - thanks for the update.

mtbr member

Still waiting on my Large "Green Hornet" Ripper

When it finally gets here ... I will have the two extremes. One Rigid single speed and One new 1x11 squishy. This wait is gonna be horrible ! Name:  0523130822.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  12.1 KB
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    When it finally gets here ... I will have the two extremes. One Rigid single speed and One new 1x11 squishy. This wait is gonna be horrible ! Name:  0523130822.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  12.1 KB
    drool....
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

MSH
    mtbr member
    Good to hear some are taking delivery before the extended holiday weekend!
    I picked my frame up from my LBS last week, but build has been delayed with some random parts still coming in and my fork needing to be converted to G2 offset. With that being said completed bike will be ready tomorrow. To say I'm fired up is an understatement (especially after demoing the Ripley already)......

Who's already got a Ripley?  Who's waiting?-ripley-big-kahuna-claim-ticket-5-23-2013.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I just go my medium built up Monday.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Without pre-ordering, how difficult would it be to find a medium? I can pick up anywhere btwn Reno and SF Bay Area.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I got mine at Olympic bike shop in TC, they were great. I did order though.

mtbr member

My boy is here !

Looks sweet and shifts perfectly and stops OK too. That means it's dirt time ! Who's already got a Ripley?  Who's waiting?-0524131344.jpgWho's already got a Ripley?  Who's waiting?-0524131344a.jpg 25 lbs 10 oz. Who's already got a Ripley?  Who's waiting?-photo.jpg
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 05-24-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: another pic ... ok that's all
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Great looking bike and lovely build. Hopefully only another four weeks before the smalls that shipping!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Waiting for a size M with XX1. Not sure of when the Ripleys in size M will arrive in Norway, but hoping it won't be too long. I have great expectations for this bike as a marathon/trail bike. Norwegian climate and terrain is quite different from California, so it will be interesting to see how the internal bearings and the tight space between the rear frame and the main frame will fare in mud and wet conditions. XX1 was a tough choice as we often get very steep climbs and long fast descents. My first 29er as well.

I'm more of a dog person
    Can we see some pics Truckee? Haven't seen a medium yet.

I'm more of a dog person
    Just got word from my lbs that my medium will be here next week! STOKE!

mtbr member

Who's already got a Ripley? Who's waiting?

Waiting for a blue XL to come to Norway. Guess it is August before it appears.

simenf - brainwashed by the big wheel mafia.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My size M is supposed to be shipped from Ibis next week to the Norwegian distributor Probike. Can't wait.
    Build: 120 fork, XX1 kit (carbon bars, Easton EC90 post, and Formula T1 brakes), 80 mm stem (I am 175 cm tall), and Ibis/Stans Arch Ex wheels. Not sure which color I will get, as I just want the bike and will be happy with either.
    Hope the bike is here within a couple of weeks. :-)