Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Where is my Mojo ?

In respect of the Mojo Build thread, I just thought I'd create a new thread for those of us waiting for our Mojo's.

Please post any updates, rumors or pics upon receiving your Mojo !

I just placed my order/downpayment this week. I'm supposedly the first in line in Calgary but I ordered a frame in small and unless I'm mistaken, the smalls haven't shipped to anyone yet.

Ken.

mtbr member
    Waiting for a XL.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    waiting for a large. Placed my down payment about 3 weeks ago.

optimistically and last I heard should be landing in the country first week in sept, so hopefully my LBS should have it ready to build in the 2nd week of sept.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    latest update I just received is:

From my LBS:
    "As I informed you before, we have been told we are getting a Large for you off the next shipment.

However, I just received a phone call from Tom @ Ibis w/ an update. It appears that the shipment will get to them the last week of Sept. This unfortunately is the week of the industry trade show. This means we probably wont see it until the 1st of October. I will keep you updated. Thanks for your patience."

From Scot at Ibis:
    "They are supposed to ship today from China, which means there's time in transit and customs clearance. But we don't yet have a confirmation that they are actually shipping.
    This is just a long way to say "I don't know". Sorry about that, wish I could tell you more.
    Scot"

mtbr member
    Thanks for the updates ZZ,

If the guys at Ibis are unsure of the shipment dates, I guess it's safe to say that I shouldn't be bothering my LBS.

At this point, I'm just looking at my small Mojo as my xmas present. I'll be happy to see it by late December or so...

flow where ever you go

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! My Mojo is in China

Ok, this looks like a better place for the "Where is my Mojo" snippets.

A couple of weeks ago, or so, Scot at Ibis emailed that the first smalls should begin shipping in early October.

August becomes September becomes October.......

Around here, September and October begin the rain season. I guess I better have some good mud tires ready.

mtbr member

I got your Mojo right here!

Hello Ibis Fans,

Tom from Ibis posting. We saw this thread and thought that we should give you the poop straight from the source (that didn't sound good did it?).

We have a shipment of Mojos that just cleared customs. I am hoping that it will be delivered today. This shipment is pretty small in quantity and each of our dealers is likely to only receive one. We'll be getting a fair number of Mediums(17"), fewer Larges(19"), and just a handful of XL's(21").

We are filling our dealer orders on a first in, first out basis. I assume that they are doing the same with their waiting lists, but I don't know the details of each dealer's situation so it is difficult for us to say whether your bike is going to be delivered in this shipment. Your LBS is probably still the best source for that.

The good news is that for those of you who are waiting is that even if you do not receive your bike from this shipment we have another shipment in just a few weeks. The exact ship date has not been determined yet, but it should happen on or about the 15th of October. This shipment will be a bit larger and should include all sizes.

The filling of our back orders is a moving target, but based upon our current production plan we will have all orders placed with us prior to January of '06 filled by the end of '06. We will start filling orders placed after January '06 in February '07. Keep in mind that I am only referring to the orders placed with us by ours dealers. As a consumer, the timing I've described may be irrelevant. Once again, it's best to check with your LBS.

Hopefully this clears up the situation a little.

All of us at Ibis appreciate your enthusiasm for the Mojo and your patience. We are confident that you'll love the Mojo as much as we do. If you have any questions please fee free to call or e-mail us.

Thanks again!
    -TM
    Last edited by Tall Tom; 10-04-2006 at 01:30 PM.

flow where ever you go
    What, no smalls !!! I guess I better start thinking of it as a x-mas bike.

With the months waiting and money spent, I'm just praying my dealer recommended the right size! I keep thinking a medium may have been a better fit (not to mention I may have gotten it quicker).

Patience and peace out.

mtbr member

You're killin' me Smalls!

Noshortcuts,

Sorry, we had thought that there would be smalls in this shipment, but it didn't happen. The small tooling was the last to be completed, and so they are the last ones to be delivered. The next shipment will include smalls though.

Thanks for your patience.

-TM

mtbr member
    When will the new colors be available?
    Would like a XL in that Blue.

mtbr member

Blue Monday

The painted frames won't be available until February, trying to bring them out any sooner would further complicate and likely delay delivery.

mtbr member
    Tom,

Thanks for the info ! I'm sure there are hundreds of dealers all across North America who are grateful as well since it'll cut down on a lot of phone calls and emails - for a few weeks at least.

I'm just hoping that my dealer was able to place his order the moment I called him. Hmm... maybe I should call him again.

Ken.

flow where ever you go

Dearest folks at Ibis: The sun is shining,

and Indian summer in full swing here, and you know, waiting is waiting.

How's that second October shipment looking? The one estimated for the 15th a couple of weeks ago.

And, I have to ask, are there smalls still slated with that shipment?

tHANKS.

mtbr member

I got your Mojo right here!

Hello noshortcuts,

Just a quick reply as it's late on a Friday evening and I'm here in the office replying to your inquiry instead of heading home to my wife. The 10/15 shipment of Mojo's left the factory yesterday. A little late, but all things considered not too bad. With transit, customs, and assembly, they will probably start heading out to dealers in about 2 weeks.

Yes, there will be smalls in this shipment. We are in the process of allocating them to the various back orders. This shipment is not enough to fill everyone's back orders. So I can't guarantee that it will include yours. If it doesn't there's another shipment due 2 weeks after this one, and another after that and so on. We should have all longstanding back orders filled by the end of the year.

Newly placed orders, well that's another story.

flow where ever you go

Man, you almost got me feeling bad there....

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Tom
    Hello noshortcuts,
    Just a quick reply as it's late on a Friday evening and I'm here in the office replying to your inquiry instead of heading home to my wife.
    but the news is just too good to feel bad !

Thanks Tom for the thorough reply and good news. ("YES" would have worked and got you home quicker )

mtbr member
    Just wondering...

Anyone get a small sized frame yet ?

Anxiously awaiting that call from Calgary Cycle !

flow where ever you go

I did

Quote Originally Posted by konaken
    Just wondering...

Anyone get a small sized frame yet ?

Anxiously awaiting that call from Calgary Cycle !
    About two weeks ago here in California. Small frame only. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Looks like I better rethink ordering an Ibis?!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hunt out in the shops, there are a few around, ordered a while back but not yet sold!

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate girl
    Looks like I better rethink ordering an Ibis?!
    Maybe try calling the list of Ibis dealers. IBIS probably distributes in order to paid orders from dealers.

The dealers who paid earlier without customers, or their customer canceled, I'm sure won't let them go easily to another dealer without a significant markup which would cut the profit margin for the second dealer.

I got my complete built Mojo shipped from out of state for $160 (no CA tax = net savings over $100).

The wait is well worth it.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Keep calling. A few Bay Area (Cal.) store are starting to have some frames and build kits in stock. I'm scheduled to pick up a medium SX on Wednesday. I've been calling for a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    There's a medium and large Mojo en route to Over the Edge Sports in Fruita that have not been pre-sold. Am thinkin of buying large frame, they said it would be there by end of week. The medium is up for grabs as of today and I am still on the bubble for the large having not ridden one yet!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Tom
    Hello noshortcuts,

Just a quick reply as it's late on a Friday evening and I'm here in the office replying to your inquiry instead of heading home to my wife. The 10/15 shipment of Mojo's left the factory yesterday. A little late, but all things considered not too bad. With transit, customs, and assembly, they will probably start heading out to dealers in about 2 weeks.

Yes, there will be smalls in this shipment. We are in the process of allocating them to the various back orders. This shipment is not enough to fill everyone's back orders. So I can't guarantee that it will include yours. If it doesn't there's another shipment due 2 weeks after this one, and another after that and so on. We should have all longstanding back orders filled by the end of the year.

Newly placed orders, well that's another story.
    I am seriously considering a Mojo as my AM frame for '07. What should I expect to pay?

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I am seriously considering a Mojo as my AM frame for '07. What should I expect to pay?
    Ibis used to post the build prices clearly on the old web sight. The new web site has less technical information and only the SX and Frame prices are listed in small print that I can find from the home page links.

http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/parts_pick/

On this page the only the SX (solid XL/Sram level) build is listed at $3299 (up $70 from the original Ibis web site price, which was up until this September.). The SL (XTR) build used to be $4299 or so. The Frame/RP23 only price is still the same, $1899, posted somewhere else.

I was perfectly happy with my dealer Over the Edge Sports in Fruita Colorado. They built the bike right as soon as they received it and shipped it in 2 days. Cost was $160 for shipping.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Ibis used to post the build prices clearly on the old web sight. The new web site has less technical information and only the SX and Frame prices are listed in small print that I can find from the home page links.

http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/parts_pick/

On this page the only the SX (solid XL/Sram level) build is listed at $3299 (up $70 from the original Ibis web site price, which was up until this September.). The SL (XTR) build used to be $4299 or so. The Frame/RP23 only price is still the same, $1899, posted somewhere else.

I was perfectly happy with my dealer Over the Edge Sports in Fruita Colorado. They built the bike right as soon as they received it and shipped it in 2 days. Cost was $160 for shipping.
    Thanks for the info.. The Mojo in the candy colors this year is hot!!! How active is the rear suspension?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast