mtbr member
    Sep 2004

What's a Pike like on the Mojo?

Doing a search I see a few have fitted, or planned to fit, Pikes to their Mojos. This is something I may to do if or when I get a Mojo, as I'm 210lbs kitted up, but I also have a Pike on my current bike, ready to fit.

What's the collective experience of this combination?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have a 2007 454 Pike air U Turn with a Big Betty tire. The combination makes the front a little heavier by maybe a pound (over a Fox 32 RLC with a 2.3 Nevegal) but I am real pleased with it so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the 454 air uturn and love it. I'm a former weight weenie and was tempted by the lighter setup of the float 140rlc and the lighter hub I'd run with it, but the stiffness and adjustability of the Pike won out over the 3/4 pound (or is it 1 pound) savings.

The Pike has been reliable. I never have good luck with Fox forks; bushings and seals, ya know. Even if I didn't care about travel adjust I'd still get a Pike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Pike Dual Air on Mojo

I have a Pike 454 Dual Air (i.e. non-u-turn) on my Mojo and I love it. I believe it is significantly stiffer than a Fox. With this set up its like I just don't have to think about what the front end is doing--the bike goes exactly where its pointed and the fork does a great job of soaking up the bumps. My previous bike had a fox float 100rlc and I had issues with leaks and it seemed like I could never quite get it set up quite right. I eventually had that fork rebuilt and revalved by Push. After Push worked on it, it was leak free and performed significantly better. But I would say that the Pike is better than the fox even after Push's work. So far the Pike has been trouble free (I've only had the bike a couple of months, so the has maybe 150 miles on it).