mtbr member

What size shock?

Hello what is the size of the shock on the Mojo? (Yes, i am thinking to get rid of my 5-spot the new green color is taking me over the edge )

www.derbyrims.com
    7.875 x 2 inches - i2i x stroke

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    7.875 x 2 inches - i2i x stroke
    Out of luck ... who wants a Romic 7.5 x 2" with titanium spring or RP3 pushed same size? It might fit an IBIS and give you a 5" bike!!!!!

www.derbyrims.com

No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    Out of luck ... who wants a Romic 7.5 x 2" with titanium spring or RP3 pushed same size? It might fit an IBIS and give you a 5" bike!!!!!
    5 1/2 (travel) - [3/8 (7 7/8 - 7 1/2) * 2.5 (shock rate) = 0.9375 inches] = ~4 1/2 inch travel

A 2.5 tire barely clears the seat tube bottoming 5.5 travel with the right shock.

I think you will like this bike. According to _dw on the IH string, the '07 6Point frame is 2 pounds heavier, '07 MKiii (new model) is almost 1 pound heavier.

mtbr member
    5 1/2 (travel) - [3/8 (7 7/8 - 7 1/2) * 2.5 (shock rate) = 0.9375 inches] = ~4 1/2 inch travel

A 2.5 tire barely clears the seat tube bottoming 5.5 travel with the right shock.

I think you will like this bike. According to _dw on the IH string, the '07 6Point frame is 2 pounds heavier, '07 MKiii (new model) is almost 1 pound heavier.

oh well ... maybe 4.5" with a big piece of rubber on the seat tube to protect it when the rear tire smacks onto it (just kidding )

... the problem is how to justify getting rid of a $1900 2003 frame that needed an extra $400+ (the RP3 PUSH) to perform decently maybe spotty will go to Italy and be my summer bike when my GT STS finally gives up the ghost (I must have one of the longest lasting STS around ... 11 years in february)

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New MK, 0.45 lbs heavier than the Mojo, new 6POINT, 1.8 lbs heavier, but not really comparable geometry on the 6POINT.

SO Ray how is it!?
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    oh well ... maybe 4.5" with a big piece of rubber on the seat tube to protect it when the rear tire smacks onto it (just kidding )

... the problem is how to justify getting rid of a $1900 2003 frame that needed an extra $400+ (the RP3 PUSH) to perform decently maybe spotty will go to Italy and be my summer bike when my GT STS finally gives up the ghost (I must have one of the longest lasting STS around ... 11 years in february)
    Thats a really popular shock size. You should have no problem selling it online.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    New MK, 0.45 lbs heavier than the Mojo, new 6POINT, 1.8 lbs heavier, but not really comparable geometry on the 6POINT.

SO Ray how is it!?
    The new MKIII frame in comparable size is only .45 pounds heavier???? That's good! 1/2 inch less travel....but I "save" $600. Serious contemplation/buyer remorse time....

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    The new MKIII frame in comparable size is only .45 pounds heavier???? That's good! 1/2 inch less travel....but I "save" $600. Serious contemplation/buyer remorse time....
    The IH bikes are the best value around considering the highest quality suspension for a low price and great customer service from a large volume bike manufacturer, as seen often by Todd’s and Dante’s posts in the IH forum.

The Ibis is more like a small custom bike manufacturer, the Ibis team is very accessible by email if you have any questions. That may change in a year when production ramps up and half the new bikes sold in the world are Ibis.

Other than the weight and travel differences there's looks, flex quality, tire clearance (2.5 easy), handling tight and twisties and high speed, easy to jump, it's the easiest climbing bike I've ever ridden in 25 years of trail riding, and I'll say it again... looks! The bike just looks fast standing still. In the mountain bike world it's like the Ferrari F-40 GTO, but a carbon fiber superbike.

Dave, I have a long thread in the "Mojo Build" post if you want a book to read about how great the Mojo is.

Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Other than the weight and travel differences there's looks, flex quality, tire clearance (2.5 easy),
    Flex qualities? Would tire psi and sidewall height have more factor in flex quality than the frames?
    IH 07 MKIII will have more tire clearance, too, right?

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The mojo is the dead sexiest bike EVER MADE. (at least in my opinion) I don't know, I mean, I know that doesn't matter much on the trail, they are both great bikes, but the Mojo is kind of in its own league in a supercar kind of way I think. Plus it has a little more travel than the MK. I think of it like the MK is a Porsche 996, and the Mojo is a Bugatti Veyron. Both potent, but one is much more exotic.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Flex qualities? Would tire psi and sidewall height have more factor in flex quality than the frames?
    IH 07 MKIII will have more tire clearance, too, right?
    Yeah, the 07 MK fits a 2.5 tire.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The IH bikes are the best value around considering the highest quality suspension for a low price and great customer service from a large volume bike manufacturer, as seen often by Todd’s and Dante’s posts in the IH forum.

The Ibis is more like a small custom bike manufacturer, the Ibis team is very accessible by email if you have any questions. That may change in a year when production ramps up and half the new bikes sold in the world are Ibis.

Other than the weight and travel differences there's looks, flex quality, tire clearance (2.5 easy), handling tight and twisties and high speed, easy to jump, it's the easiest climbing bike I've ever ridden in 25 years of trail riding, and I'll say it again... looks! The bike just looks fast standing still. In the mountain bike world it's like the Ferrari F-40 GTO, but a carbon fiber superbike.

Dave, I have a long thread in the "Mojo Build" post if you want a book to read about how great the Mojo is.

Looks awesome Ray!, I'll go check it out.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not to start anything, but what do you think of derby's statement of "flex" making the ride "better"? Carbon vs aluminum....no. But I wrote that tire psi and selection of fork make mroe flex difference than anything else. Heck, probably even quick release vs maxle would have more affect. NO?

www.derbyrims.com
    Flex differences are probably minor, the IH are built very stout, well gusseted, and well triangulated for shear strength. And you’re right than wheel and tire flex is a majority of flex. I’ve never seen a light weight suspension bike flex as little as the Mojo, usually flex is pretty apparent at this 5 ¾ pound frame w/ air shock weight.

The common two flex tests on the Mojo show nearly no flex between the frame and rear suspension. One test, when pushing sideways on the BB area with my foot while holding the bike up in front of me by the grip and seat, only the tires seem to flex, there is nearly no visible frame or suspension flex to the side. The other test is holding the rear brake on and standing on the crank to pull the chain very tight with all my weight, and the chain doesn't pull the rear axle to the right much, only about 1/8th inch. So the my pedal power doesn’t go into squishy sideways flex. This bike rails corners with the best traction the tires and wheels can give it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    The mojo is the dead sexiest bike EVER MADE. (at least in my opinion) I don't know, I mean, I know that doesn't matter much on the trail, they are both great bikes, but the Mojo is kind of in its own league in a supercar kind of way I think. Plus it has a little more travel than the MK. I think of it like the MK is a Porsche 996, and the Mojo is a Bugatti Veyron. Both potent, but one is much more exotic.

Dave
    I always thought of the MKIII as an SUV-type Subaru WRX because it gives a lot of performance for relatively cheap but it's not renowned for good resale (both IH and Subaru have almost no resale). Or maybe the new Corvette which is the best value in supercar history but doesn't have the mainstream WOW marketing as anything but "just a Vette" but it'll outperform almost any car for just a fraction of the cost.
    Good call on the Bugatti. Give me a F430 or its predecessor anytime.