Thread: What size?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What size?

Just wondering what size other people have, and what size the boys at Ibis recommend?

I'm 5'11" with a 33 inch inseem. I'm guessing a medium, but I just test rode a med and large Yeti 575 and the large felt a little better. They seem to have put the med and the large right inbetween my sweet spot size wise.

I also would like to put a Maverick DUC on the Ibis, but have read elsewhere that it can not be done, anyone here differently?

I'm hoping since I don't need to purchase until 2007 that I will be able to look at one in person before putting down the coin for it.

Just for fun and conversation here are some other bikes I'm looking at.

Felt Equilink
    Spesh Enduro Sl
    Yeti 575
    Giant Reign

I ride the Denver Front Range, and lots of CO trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    You'd ride a large Mojo.

www.derbyrims.com
    DUC should work with head set reducers if it works on other bikes with 1 1/8 inch headset and the same head tube height. My Mojo has a tapered or cone shaped upper reducer that adds about 1 inch bar rise like shims under the stem do. Seems like a flat reducer for the upper race would be available from FSA or Cane Creek for the larger head set.

I'm 6'1" 32 inseam, and ride a large Mojo with 90mm stem. I felt a bit stretched out on the large 575 but a shorter stem would have helped my fit. Your ride position preference might prefer the more stretched position.

mtbr member
    I am 5'10 and have a medium Yeti 575 now but looking at a mojo as well. The sizing seems to be a bit of a dilema as mojo sizing is smack in the middle of the yeti sizing, infact the large mojo is closer to the yeti's medium dimensions than the medium mojo, go figure? However I am thinking that the medium mojo with a 110mm stem will be the go.
    I have read that a maveric DUC will fit on the large mojo as it has a 130mm head tube which is the minimum size the DUC will fit on. Unfortunatly the medium head tube is shorter which rules the DUC out. I was thinking of a PACE 150mm fork, stay with the whole carbon theme...?
    Good Luck
    For me; Want and Need are much the same thing...