Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

What should the next 5 models be?

Suggestions please...

What does the Ibis forum think the next 5 models should be?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this. We value your input!

Hans / Ibis

prefers the wide stance
    Sep 2007
    Ripley,
    Hakkalugi Disc
    Hardtail 29er
    HD Ripley
    Road Disc

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    In order of personal preference:
    650b Mojo SLR
    29er Tranny
    Longer travel (140ish mm) Ripley HD
    "Super" Mojo HD 180mm - 200mm travel slacker angles

On second thought never mind. Don't think my credit card could take the pain.

mtbr member
    29er tranny with soft tail, haka disc, 650 mojo.

and a hot fire engine red color.

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    - Ibis DH bike would be awesome
    - While marketwise I'd like to see a 650b AllMountain rig at around 160mm, it probably would be too close to the current HD, so...
    - 650b at around 1400 to 150mm with slack angles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just make the 160 HD with internal routing so I don't have to see the ugly cables running down the top of the upper tube of the bike anymore!

I's also take a 150mm travel 650b specific bike with slack angles for enduro racing!

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ripley
    650B SL-R 140 (650B spec geometry)
    Tranny with drops to accomodate gears or SS
    Disc spec luggi

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    !70-180mm HD that's slacker and a longer front center.
    650b wheels if it satisfies the cries of the masses.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    650b HD
    DH bike
    Ripley 140

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    1) DH bike. It seems carbon DH bikes are starting to hit mainstream acceptance, meaning the public would be pretty excited about a new, (relatively) light, DW-link Ibis DH bike.

2) 650B SL-R. It seems most 140mm and below bikes are heading this way. Would be good to at least have a prototype geo spec'd out and tested. Some Interbike guys were pretty stoked on the Intense Cabine 27.5 (2012 All Mountain Bike Tests at Interbike Outdoor Demo | Mountain Bike Review | Page 9) and I think a 27.5 SL-R would be even better.

3) Tranny 29er. The HT 26er seems to be a dying breed. The traveling and SS versatility of the Tranny would be a nice addition to the 29er HT market.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oh and...

4) Internal cable routing for the SL-R, HD, Ripley. Ibis bikes are extremely clean and slick looking, except for the cable routing. Internal routing would just make them that much smoother looking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    A 26" HD140 with slacker headangle and slightly longer toptube, love my current HD140, but would love if it was a degree or 2 slacker and a 1/4 lower. Internal routing would be cool too and ISCG tabs. Oh and give us colour options for the decals, I know you did a custom matte black/orange for Lopes, a matte black/lime green HD 140 with the above would the raddest thing ever!!

A long travel 140mm 650b tranny, again ISCG tabs, switchable dropouts and a maxle, internal routing for dropper post. I love having a hardtail for winter and atm the current tranny just doesnt fit the mold I'm after, so a long travel tranny would be awesome!

screamer
    1. 650B something or other (would be cool to have limbo chips like the HD, to switch between 140 & 160, but with the 650B platform)
    2. 29" HT, similar geo concept to the Canfield Yelli screamy. Would work equally well for trail ripping or XC racing, depending on fork & build (double points for tranny removable rear tri & rack mounts for backcountry adventures)
    3. Hakka disc (same comment about rack mounts, maybe fender mounts also?)

Ripley HD & a DH bike seem like obvious markets, although not my particular cup of tea.

One crazy idea is to team up with a cheap China/Taiwan carbon frame manufacturer, and do a sort of retro-inspired city/randonee/gravel grinder bike. There are some beautiful city bikes out there in the $1200 (complete) range, and if Ibis could hit this price point (hence the suggestion of teaming up with someone to reduce costs) it would be great to see them draw on this part of their heritage. I just built up something similar myself (carbon on one frame), and it's a blast to ride (if a little hard on the eyes). One of these with Ibis' design sensibility would be just swoon-worthy. A sort of wet-winter, merino, hip-flask, mud-in-yer-eye kind of bike.

PS: why does MTBR automatically hyperlink when I write "backcountry?" I'm not a shill for them ... not my doing ...
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    650b Mojo HD 160 w/internal cable routing.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    150mm HD w/slack geo designed around 650B, but 26er backwards compatible
    DH bike with high/lo settings for park days and race days
    Ripley HD to compete with the Tallboy LT - which is a damn good bike...
    4-5 in 650b trail bike with more "traditional" angles 68-69 HA, but angleset compatible
    *like others have said internal cable routing, I get nervous every time I throw my HD over my pickup pad w/the cables exposed at the top of the downtube, right where it contacts the pad...
    Evil Undead & a box of trail bike parts waiting for a new frame

mtbr member

Ibis cross-commuter

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post

One crazy idea is to team up with a cheap China/Taiwan carbon frame manufacturer, and do a sort of retro-inspired city/randonee/gravel grinder bike. There are some beautiful city bikes out there in the $1200 (complete) range, and if Ibis could hit this price point (hence the suggestion of teaming up with someone to reduce costs) it would be great to see them draw on this part of their heritage. I just built up something similar myself (carbon on one frame), and it's a blast to ride (if a little hard on the eyes). One of these with Ibis' design sensibility would be just swoon-worthy. A sort of wet-winter, merino, hip-flask, mud-in-yer-eye kind of bike.:
    I like the idea of creating a commuter/townie bike that came with a double wheelset. Mix it up with a 650b and 700c combo. One set of wheels that work great on pavement, going fast. One set of wheels that handles the gravel roads, mild singletrack. A bit wider eh? A frame that supports the wider wheelset and has a fancy built in rack. Carbon and metal bits that look great and function well. A 100-120mm front fork. What would be really slick is a carbon belt drive. Both wheel sets would be internal gear hubs but with different gear ratios for a urban and city/county park runabout. Build in a flask or ibis specific gear tote, leather, with carbon cover flap. Disc brakes, maybe a couple of choices on handlebars. Go with a price point like budgie suggests.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

mtbr member
    650b HD with170mm travel or just 26er
    Compact aero road frame with integrated seat post

And like others have said, internal cable routing!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    1. 650b HD 160MM (SHORTER CHAIN STAY) (INTERNAL CABLES)
    2. HD (" ")
    3. DH BIKE ( WITH GWIN LEADING THE TEAM)
    4. FREERIDE BIKE
    5. RIPLEY BELIEVE IT OR NOT

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    SL-R and HD with 650b optional dropouts.
    Super HD 200mm downhill bike.
    29er hardtail w/o removable tail.
    Bye bye Tranny and SL

Fine tunning: 0,5 degree slacker on SL-R, 1 degree slacker on HD, 5-10mm larger TT in all sizes, one more color option for HD, 50mm and 60mm stem options. 750mm handlebar on HD. Chain series matching buildkits series. Straight & firm grips. Pad contact adjuster on Formulas.

screamer
    Dbl post

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkpaw View Post
    commuter/townie bike ... fancy built in rack. Carbon and metal bits that look great and function well....different gear ratios for a urban and city/county park runabout. Build in a flask or ibis specific gear tote, leather, with carbon cover flap. Disc brakes, maybe a couple of choices on handlebars.
    Yup, (although I was thinking full rigid). I know it's out of the MTBR constituency, but this is a growing segment worldwide, and I bet they'd sell a shedload of these things in London, Melbourne, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Portland, San Francisco, Vancouver... Cities with lots of people who A) like bikes B) pay a premium for purdy design and C) have a disposable income.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Ibis tandems

I would love to see an ibis tandem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post

One crazy idea is to team up with a cheap China/Taiwan carbon frame manufacturer, and do a sort of retro-inspired city/randonee/gravel grinder bike. There are some beautiful city bikes out there in the $1200 (complete) range, and if Ibis could hit this price point (hence the suggestion of teaming up with someone to reduce costs) it would be great to see them draw on this part of their heritage. I just built up something similar myself (carbon on one frame), and it's a blast to ride (if a little hard on the eyes). One of these with Ibis' design sensibility would be just swoon-worthy. A sort of wet-winter, merino, hip-flask, mud-in-yer-eye kind of bike.
    Disagree, keep Ibis as a premium brand, let the others fight over the scraps. You have a great reputation for customer service and on a lower margin bike I could only see CS suffering.

1 bike to ride them all
    Here's four:

Mojo HD-X
    Travel: - Native 180mm, limbo chipped down to 160mm
    Uses: Aggressive trail, Park, Mini DH, Slope Style, Enduro, etc.
    Features: Adjustable headtube angle, low stand over height via T.A.C.C.B. Eccentric Linkage and possibly Clavis/ down tube mounted shock, locking rear maxle, internal cable routing where it makes sense, removable/replaceable wear plates that protect the frame in high frequency wear spots, ISCG mounts, 2.6" tire clearance... whew!

650b/29er Tranny - Add-venture
    Story: Weekday commuter, weekend ripper or Go touring, find some sweet single track, remove racks, set-up tent, change tires, go shred, come back, drink beer, avoid dudes with guns that want to rob you :-)
    Frame Mods: Tap non-drive drop out, derailleur hanger, and seat stay bolt (internally tapped) to permit rack mounting, tapered head tube, keep everything else same

Mojo DH
    Similar to HD-X but, lower, slacker, longer travel etc... Unless you guys have a g-box design up your sleeves.

650b Compatible Mojo SLR
    Travel: Native 140 - limbo chip down to XC race travel/geo
    Keep everything else as is but accommodate the next gen larger volume 650b tires

XS and XXL sized bikes in models that make sense.

Thanks Hans!!!

mtbr member
    Updated HD 140/160. Also a Downhill 180/160 HD. A Downhill HD not be a huge seller though.
    29er Tranny
    120 FS trail bike that does 26 and 650b.
    Updated SLR 140
    Disc Hakkalugi

I would think a second gen HD would be a big seller.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast