Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    HD rear triangle that allows different dropouts for 650B and 26" a la Intense. I suppose the same could go for the SL-R.

Also, adopt the SL-R top tube cable routing on the HD. Almost everyone runs the dropper post on their HD and the current routing is not on par with the quality of the rest of the bike. They have a tendency to come loose and chew up the cables. Also makes it a pain to remove/install the dropper post.

Also, to fit the Hope braided disc brake cables on the HD, you have to cut the thin plastic housing. Maybe a zip tie based approach for all of the cable mounts would make sense?

Having said that, I love my HD. Best and most versatile bike I have ridden in nearly 20 years.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    One more thought. I wouldn't change too much on the Mojo HD in terms of the amount of suspension. 180 mm rear travel would essentially make it an DH bike and not really a trail/AM bike. If that's the case, why not just build a DH bike. I also like the head angle on the HD. It corners better than pretty much anything out there. Too much slacker (e.g., 65 degrees) and I think it would loose some of that. I think many of the people who are asking for those changes are really asking for a full-blown DH bike and not an AM/DH bike.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Features:
    Internal routing for cables and 'stealth' dropper posts on relevant bikes. This is the way of the future.
    Adjustable headset/HTA as-standard on most/all bikes...
    Wheel size options. Not my thing, but some people seem to like trendy 650 wheels.

Bikes:
    1)"Super" Mojo HD....! Really liking the sound of that...
    HD with 160-180mm adjustable travel would be ideal.
    Better yet if you can do it with a linkage/chip kit and I can 180-ify my currently-new HD...

2) Mojo DH - proper 8"+ big bike, travel adjustable back to mini-DH travel and 650b compatible (I see a use as race wheels...)

3) Silk SL disc...? cf. colnago.com/c59-disc/

4) Ripley - pretty...

5) A bad-a$s aero track frameset and bars/stem, built to fit a 6'4 sprinter...? I'd un-retire for that....

or

5) a STEEL (or Ti) long-travel hardtail.... been there I suppose, but nothing wrong with an homage to the back catalogue....

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for asking. As XC is my focus, a 650B SLR would be perfect. I'd like to think that given the work done on the HD140, hopefully this is something that could be put into production fairly quickly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That's the frame I would most like to see but I'm not sure mfg's like Ibis willing to bring a 650b SLR to the market until fox announces a 650 xc choice. Could be a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    I hope that wouldn't be a deal breaker.... I would take a Revelation EVERY TIME over a Fox 32, and RS is also coming out with a Reba.... and Ibis is already dabbling in X-Fusion products as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Agreed. There are definitely worthy 650b fork choices if fox isn't producing an xc model and kudos to Ibis if they take the lead before fox catches up.

Possibly a deal breaker in terms of the mfg's decision to produce the 650 xc frame due to the mkt share that fox holds. Those that use fox suspension on their high end frames may not be willing to make a switch, sales would be impacted.

I would certainly give another fork brand a try in order to ride a frame and wheel size that I like.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I noticed on Pinkbike today that Anne Caro seemed to have a Matte black/nuclear pesto HD frame... Just this would be perfect!!! I need one!!!!

mtbr member

My 5 cents

1. DH bike. 200mm delivered travel, 180mm Limbo Chip option.
    2. Ripley HD 150mm, slack and aggressive. Short chainstays
    3. Replace the SL with a 120mm XC racer
    4. Tranny 29er
    5. An inexpensive commuter option (sub $1k) not carbon. You could call it the 99%'er

For all models offer the super sexy Cylon Silver you have for the SR-R.
    Internal Cable routing is neat
    Shorter chain stays on the HD

mtbr member
    650B Mojo HD with full 160mm travel. I'm never going to put little wheels on it so I don't need 26er compatibility.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    May 2009
    slr compatible with a chainguide and tensioner. I was ready to pull the trigger on buying one but I dont like the idea that I won't be able to run a 1x setup on it without the tensioner. HD is good but I guess a little heavy for me.

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by timex99 View Post
    slr compatible with a chainguide and tensioner. I was ready to pull the trigger on buying one but I dont like the idea that I won't be able to run a 1x setup on it without the tensioner. HD is good but I guess a little heavy for me.
    That is not what Hans told me - he was riding a 1x10 well before release. The advice from my shop is the same - there are options apart from just a widget and clutch rear d combination. I have a frame in the garage with that intention myself.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnparadise View Post
    That is not what Hans told me - he was riding a 1x10 well before release. The advice from my shop is the same - there are options apart from just a widget and clutch rear d combination. I have a frame in the garage with that intention myself.
    I know you can setup the slr with 1x and use the direct mount chain guide but I prefer the whole system with the tensioner for those really rough ride. IMO.

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by timex99 View Post
    I know you can setup the slr with 1x and use the direct mount chain guide but I prefer the whole system with the tensioner for those really rough ride. IMO.
    That's cool and I understand. The frame is certainly capable of being beaten and keeping on going, but seems like the HD has taken that crowd. For where I live the, the HD is not my choice, although the riding is rough in a lot of places (at speed).

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnparadise View Post
    That's cool and I understand. The frame is certainly capable of being beaten and keeping on going, but seems like the HD has taken that crowd. For where I live the, the HD is not my choice, although the riding is rough in a lot of places (at speed).
    HD is nice but I think is a little to heavy for me. I only weight 125lbs and my mojo c is holding up pretty good on whatever I throw in to and my current setup is fox 36 160mm up front and I'm loving it. Just want something up to date like the slr with all the tapered headtube and stiffer carbon layup just like what Ibis is claiming. But couldn't figure out on how I can make it a 1x setup with the tensioner. Until then I guess I would have to settle with my 3 yr old mojo c.

Mtb Guide
    Also like internal cable routing for stealth model dropper posts.
    Rather than anglesets option to choose or purchase offset shock hardware like limbo chips from Ibis direct for differing hta adj.
    Ibis shock tunes direct through Ibis for Fox, RS, XFusion etc that would be way cool get a shock that suits your style of riding up front.

Too early for me to ask for much more, pretty much what I'd want from any mfg regardless of how good the base product is.

Cheers

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    HD 650B, Diamond plate downtube protector,(hint, hint Scot) and more colors.
    Mick

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    HD160 650b
    650b tranny
    More colors or at the very least be able to choose from all colors Ibis now has, SL-R orange on a HD would rock
    Ease & Flow Where Ever I Go

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Can we start with a Ripley that looks like a Mojo...
    Maverick ML7 Camo
    Niner A9C SS
    Cervelo RS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    w/o reading through this whole thread,

650b Mojo HD
    650b Mojo SL
    Both with internal frame routing
    1 deg more slack head angle
    1/4" lower BB
    Replaceable dropout options, ala Intense Carbine (This feature makes this frame very attractive since it's so versatile)
    Last edited by myitch; 11-16-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    An SLR w/ "chip" (custom dropout like Intense) conversion to 650b would be a home run IMO. Even if people don't use it, it would alleviate buyer anxiety over possible changing standards.

29er or at least 650b Tranny is key as almost nobody wants a 26" hardtail anymore. (Though I'd be bummed as i already bought a carbon 29 ht.)

I don't see a DH Ibis as a winner, as DW link is more of a strength/differentiator in climbing than descending.

08 Master DH World champ'
    Quote Originally Posted by getbusyliving View Post
    I don't see a DH Ibis as a winner

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams ...
    05 DH French champ'
    08 DH World champ'
    10 DH Euro champ'

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Tranny 650b compatible rear triangle that incorporates Belt Drive!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

5 new ideas

Mojo 650b
    Tranny 650b
    Hakkalugi 29er hardtail
    Mojo DH
    Ripley Unicycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick View Post
    To Mr. Iclique,
    Your black and red request is what I was thinking on the decal sets: make the decals in different colors, so that you can make a red and black bike, a white and red bike. Etc...

Sounds like a great idea.... More options are always good!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast