Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

What new products you would like to Ibis make?

My suggestions:

- A light hardtail frame that use 100-120mm fork
    - Team Ibis cycling jersey
    - A chainstay that fits perfectly and offers maximum protection.

mtbr member
    Ibis chain stay protector, Velcro type.
    Black ibis race jersey, knicks..
    Bottle to fit in the front section of frame..Black with ibis logo on it, so it looks like a fuel tank...Jeez i miss a bottle cage..

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Fully agree on the chainstayprotector, but I saw a post that they are talking with Lizardskins to make a "Ibis special edition".
    And I already mailed Ibis about a teamjersey, and they expect to launch it within a few months!!!

Especially as I will be a rpoud owner of a Mojo and Silk carbon that Jersey is something I want BAD!!!

mtbr member

The bigger stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mtok77
    My suggestions:

The bike is almost perfect ... but here we go:
    • Titanium bolt Kit for Linkage
    • Carbon or Magnesium Link upgrade (see below the Nicolai Mag kit, just to make us waste money)
    • Proprietary headset, with integrated spacers of different lengths (all you need are really the spacers ... like the Cane Creek IS-8 but with more lengths options).
    • Travel Bag? (see below for the foldable nicolai)
    • More paint options, or at least a page on the Web site with some more ideas especially for half-painted frame paterns
    • A 17" (seventeen inches) travel bike?
    • A proprietary Helmet that actually works?
    • Same for a fork that works as well as the DW-link?
    • A little under the saddle bag to carry semi-illigal substances?
    • Single track trails in the Bay Area?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Davide; 04-22-2007 at 11:47 AM.

mojo mofo
    Another vote for the custom fit, proper covering chainstay protector. Maybe out of the carbon leather that lizard skins already makes for their stick on protector.

Also another vote for Ti or Mag linkage and hardware. How sick would CNC Ti linkage look on this masterpiece?

Maybe since the bottle cage bolts are not very useful for bottle cages, and camelbaks really are a better idea anyway, some other stuff to bolt down there. Some serious and some not so, maybe. A plastic or composite fender of sorts to protect the down tube and extend down to protect the bb shell for the serious stuff, or a flattened squirrel for the no so serious.

It's the axle
    Just in case Ibis slaves engineers are looking at this, I want to add that as for frame protection-

my seat stay is getting more damage than the chainstay. The inside of the seat stay just above the freewheel is being tortured by the chain. So it's not just a simple chainstay thing. I'm not sure how to approach it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    A 100mm travel bike that is faster than a Racer-X and has a 20mm thru axle pinch bolt 100mm fork - like the 4X world cup but lighter.

mtbr member
    I don't think it'd be feasible for a small company like Ibis to start manufacturing headsets, helmets and forks without re-labelling an existing product.

But with that being said, custom frame protection pieces along with some CNC'd titanium or magnesium linkages would be really nice.

My request would definitely be a carbon fiber hardtail. One which is not only made of carbon fiber but sculpted like a piece of art - much like the Mojo. I've found myself drooling over the Orbea Alma but I'm sure Roxy can come up with something much sexier.

At a more modest level, perhaps some carbon fiber fenders?

It's the axle
    Gloves.

Full finger waterproof winter gloves.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    How about a Red Mojo? With a portion of the proceeds donated to help the fight against aids in Africa. Like the Red I-pod.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    Just in case Ibis slaves engineers are looking at this, I want to add that as for frame protection-

my seat stay is getting more damage than the chainstay. The inside of the seat stay just above the freewheel is being tortured by the chain. So it's not just a simple chainstay thing. I'm not sure how to approach it.
    A little bit of 3M stick on handlebar tape will solve it! just cut the extra material around the 3m tape and you have a thick-enough protection you can put anywhere you need no matter how small or hard to reach .. it is a $10 investment for enough material to last a loooong time
    Last edited by Davide; 04-23-2007 at 01:19 PM.

mtbr member

Just Mojo

Just one thing and that superb.

braco

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by talkshow-host

Also another vote for Ti or Mag linkage and hardware. How sick would CNC Ti linkage look on this masterpiece?
    Or maybe Carbon (is carbon getting passť?) a la Titus or Santacruz

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    A carbon uptube 26" tandem!

Uh oh, I think I responded to the wrong message

Green Mojo

T Shirt

An Ibis t-shirt with:

RIDE MORE
    WORK LESS

Trail Rider

Sounds like you're in too small a cog on the DH runs

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K

my seat stay is getting more damage than the chain stay. The inside of the seat stay just above the freewheel is being tortured by the chain. So it's not just a simple chain stay thing. I'm not sure how to approach it.
    I'm used to a Horst linkage bike with a a slamming rear der. I keep my chain on one of the largest 3 rear rings when doing DH runs. This keeps the chain away from the seat stays and keeps the chain tighter. I put some protection on the inside of the seat stays, but I haven't had any problems there. I use the lower cogs when pedaling, but as soon as I get going too fast for pedaling, I use larger rings for coasting.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

It's the axle
    Good point. I may have forgotten once or twice. And that might have been all it took. I do always get in the big gear combos before downhills. I was pretty surprised to see the chain damaging the seat stay.

I hope to start working on a hydraulic bike soon. You heard it here first. A hydrostatic bike. It's been on my mind for decades. Don't hold your breath. I still have to find a new home, set up my machine shop, and do a ton of prototype work. It's at least two years away.
    Last edited by Gregg K; 04-27-2007 at 09:10 PM.

mtbr member
    9" travel DH bike.

It's the axle
    End poverty!

Trail Rider

I don't know if it will be necessary...

What about some kind of carbon or plastic bash guard that will attach at the water bottle cage bolts and covers the BB and up to the bottle cage area. That area seemed to get the most abuse on my Tracer. Something stealth, form fitting, and lightweight. This might take some of the rock kick up. Maybe the plastic film I applied will be enough.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I too would like to see mag links w/ ti hardware to perhaps take another 80-100 grams off the frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    A modern take on the mount trials of the 1990's.Maybe with a slight freeride hardtail influence.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    The bike is almost perfect ... but here we go:
    • Titanium bolt Kit for Linkage
    • Carbon or Magnesium Link upgrade (see below the Nicolai Mag kit, just to make us waste money)
    • Proprietary headset, with integrated spacers of different lengths (all you need are really the spacers ... like the Cane Creek IS-8 but with more lengths options).
    • Travel Bag? (see below for the foldable nicolai)
    • More paint options, or at least a page on the Web site with some more ideas especially for half-painted frame paterns
    • A 17" (seventeen inches) travel bike?
    • A proprietary Helmet that actually works?
    • Same for a fork that works as well as the DW-link?
    • A little under the saddle bag to carry semi-illigal substances?
    • Single track trails in the Bay Area?
    where can buy these parts?.im to spain.Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtok77
    My suggestions:

Agreed. I bet if they introduced a steel hardtail like they made several years back, they'd sell a ton of them. I would be first in line to get one!

And yea, the Ibis jerseys and shorts would be great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    I too would like to see mag links w/ ti hardware to perhaps take another 80-100 grams off the frame.
    I would certainly throw down for a magnesium/carbon linkage and titanium bolt upgrade kit for the Mojo. There's some heavy and large stainless steel bolts on this frame! This would be my number one request.

I'd also agree with some retro and modern jerseys.

Last, how about casual Ibis baseball caps? I had one I picked up at InterBike in '96, but it's long worn out.
    My Wanted List:

1. '87 Shogun Prairie Breaker Team Issue (small)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast