SweFrogger
    Jun 2007

What about the MOJO HD 2965?

So I have been happily riding my MOJO HD for 3 years and was looking to retire it and get a Ripley, after the all the abuse my bike has been through I will not look anywhere else but too Ibis> I was just looking to put the bike up for sale when I discovered that my swingarm is damaged (the sleeve for the bottom pivot is loose and i think I know why...) so selling the bike is out of the question.

When I first saw the 650 swingarm upgrade option I didn't think much of it as I had to replace the shock and the wheels anyway and i really wanted the 29inches to roll on. But with my swingarm broken it looks a bit better: If I then go for a 29er front I.e wheel and fork it is pretty close but with the extra 20mm of rear wheel travel.

Has anyone tried this? Will the front be to high? and what about toe overlap?

Just starting to look into this: any help is welcome!

J

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi feimanis,

Send me a email or give me a call and we can discuss what options you may have under warranty for your damaged swingarm.

Todd@Ibiscycles.com or Warranty@Ibiscycles.com

1(831)461-1435

screamer
    The Ibis wizards have quite a few tricks up their sleeves for repairing such problems. Don't write off your HD yet!
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

SweFrogger
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    The Ibis wizards have quite a few tricks up their sleeves for repairing such problems. Don't write off your HD yet!

This seems to be the case; Todd have already sorted me out as per the above reply. 1st class service!

Doesn't really stop my craving for a new bike though.....

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by feimanis View Post

Doesn't really stop my craving for a new bike though.....
    Not even a new bike can stop that craving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Let me tell you how this goes. You buy a 29, ride it for a few weeks and then the excitement wears off and you realize that it is no faster than your HD. In the meantime you have also ordered the latest 275 wonder bike. While that is on order you realize how much you love your HD and now you are stuck with three Enduro bikes, one of each wheel size.

Ask me how I know.....

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Let me tell you how this goes. You buy a 29, ride it for a few weeks and then the excitement wears off and you realize that it is no faster than your HD. In the meantime you have also ordered the latest 275 wonder bike. While that is on order you realize how much you love your HD and now you are stuck with three Enduro bikes, one of each wheel size.

Ask me how I know.....
    Are you saying that companies who can't make a bike that compares to the HD are trying to do it by using a different wheel size?
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    That is a more direct way of saying it! I have not ridden the M6 yet, but the 29 is not my cup of tea.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    That is a more direct way of saying it! I have not ridden the M6 yet, but the 29 is not my cup of tea.
    have you ridden the ripley?
    the reason I ask is that every other 29er that I've ridden hasn't been my cup o' either...but I do dig my ripley.

mtbr member
    I have not ridden the Ripley. Sounds like it is a fantastic XC bike. My 29 comment was relative to 160 travel AM bikes and not sure I would use an XC bike much with my riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    gotcha.
    what's striking about the ripley, to me, is it's ability to combine xc-great efficiency with AM-great capability in one package. it's a really remarkable bike.