Thread: We're in!

Mr.
    mtbr member

We're in!

Made it into the shop tonight, and after some test rides, put a deposit down on a large green Mojo, with an SX build for the wife, and an x-large nude frame (in shop stock) for me.

Here's hoping (wink wink Tom) there's a large green Mojo with an SX build ready to ship (to Portland, OR) when the order is placed on Monday.

Pictures to follow when the kids arrive...
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Mr.,
    I assume you went to River City. Do they have some assembled Mojo's in stock?

Mr.
    mtbr member

yup

Quote Originally Posted by avam
    Mr.,
    I assume you went to River City. Do they have some assembled Mojo's in stock?
    That'd be it. They have one medium nude built, with an inhouse kit I believe. I think they also have two medium frames hanging about.

mtbr member
    Congratulations and welcome to the family.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    nice work!

Now you have the agony of expectation to get through.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    That's excellent - you've done it right! I have a large green SX just in the last couple of weeks, and enjoying the heck out of it with a few minor upgrades for personal preference. I was fortunate to be able to ride an xl and large before I made my decision.

Luckily Cal Coast had had a large green on order so I only had to wait a week or so... a loooooong week! It'll be like waiting for Mojo-mas

you may have to hang stockings for these kids
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

You know my steez...

Congratulations!

That is awesome, and even more so that you're wife rides too!

Mr.
    mtbr member

Yeah

It hasn't even been 24 hours, and it already feels like so much more...it'll be worth the wait!

You know my steez...

anticipation

24 hours??? Man, I've been waiting since the 18th of May for my Mojo....I live vicariously through all you guys and girls that have yours already.
    maybe tomorrow......

Mr.
    mtbr member

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by BunnV
    24 hours??? Man, I've been waiting since the 18th of May for my Mojo....I live vicariously through all you guys and girls that have yours already.
    maybe tomorrow......
    Wow, why such the long wait, did you get a color vs. nude, are you somewhere in the outback? (I hope it doesn't take that long to get the wife's ride!)

You know my steez...

slow motion order

I orderd a stock SX build, but it is Eddy Orange. I upgraded the fork to the TALAS but that's it! I call the shop (Helens, Marina Del Rey Ca.) just about every day but so far, no Mojo. It's funny you ask if I live in the Outback....I feel like I'm in the Outback...I'm in Bucharest Romania. Just 18 years ago there was a Communist dictator running the show here so it's pretty backwards in some parts of town! To be fair, I'm staying in a beautiful Marriott Hotel so I'm not complaining!

mojo mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.
    Wow, why such the long wait, did you get a color vs. nude, are you somewhere in the outback? (I hope it doesn't take that long to get the wife's ride!)
    Good choice, welcome to Mojo mania.

It will be worth the wait, there are some crazies on here that ordered the bike without ever seeing it never mind testing it and then I waited just over 3 months for delivery. Or, I mean, THEY waited over 3 months, and then another 5 months to ride it on trails. That's what you get for trying to adopt new stuff early and living in a place with a snowy winter. But like I said, it was worth it, or at least that's what my friend told me.

Now that Ibis have production ramped up, you surely won't have to wait long.

flow where ever you go

Once you have Mojo in hand, the waiting continues !!!

It seems I'm always waiting for my next ride...

except when I'm riding of course.

It's worth waiting for.

To ride is to believe.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Mr.
    mtbr member

Oh I bet

Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts
    It seems I'm always waiting for my next ride...

except when I'm riding of course.

It's worth waiting for.

To ride is to believe.
    We both rode the medium build around some cool urban stuff near the shop, what an amazing bike...the waiting, oh the waiting

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Welcome to the mojo experience

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

I remember seeing my first (and only) mojo last December. I drove 7 hours to Calgary Cycle because they said they had one in stock when I phoned them. When my wife and I pulled into their parking lot a fellow was just loading a mojo into his truck. I was so excited and I was thinking that this fellow had just bought the mojo that I had driven all that way to see that I jumped out of the car and ran over to see it. I just got a glimpse as it was cold out and he was leaving. Turns out he was justing picking up his mojo and in fact there was another inside the store. For the next hour I was in heaven as we talked all about the bike and determined what size I should order. Unfortunately I could not take it outside for a test ride. The next morning before driving back home I went back to the store to see it again just because I wasn't sure when I would be back. I have since ordered a large orange slx and like yourself I am waiting for it to arrive. The adventure continues.

Straw

Mr.
    mtbr member

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by straw
    CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

I remember seeing my first (and only) mojo last December. I drove 7 hours to Calgary Cycle because they said they had one in stock when I phoned them. When my wife and I pulled into their parking lot a fellow was just loading a mojo into his truck. I was so excited and I was thinking that this fellow had just bought the mojo that I had driven all that way to see that I jumped out of the car and ran over to see it. I just got a glimpse as it was cold out and he was leaving. Turns out he was justing picking up his mojo and in fact there was another inside the store. For the next hour I was in heaven as we talked all about the bike and determined what size I should order. Unfortunately I could not take it outside for a test ride. The next morning before driving back home I went back to the store to see it again just because I wasn't sure when I would be back. I have since ordered a large orange slx and like yourself I am waiting for it to arrive. The adventure continues.

Straw
    Thank you (straw and everyone) for your kind words and congradulations.

Straw, that's some crazy dedication to get into a Mojo! I'm thinking some new marketing materials Ibis could put together using these kinds of stories...think something like "the road to Mojo."

Anyhow, post yours up when you get it...I don't think I've yet seen anyone around here that has an orange Mojo with pictures up...

Mr.
    mtbr member

Update

Just an update tidbit.

I picked up my frame yesterday while checking on the order status of the wife's green machine. Looks like it's going to be a couple weeks (keeping fingers crossed).

btw - What's the rec torque for the front derailuer?

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Mr.,
    Are you making changes from the SX build you ordered for your wife? Are you building her bike too? What I really want to know is if River City will work with you to buy any parts from the kit that you don't want. I know that I will want to upgrade a few items no matter which kit I buy. BTW, which salesperson did you work with? I want to make certain to ask for the one who has the most experience with Ibis/Mojo. Thanks.

Mr.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by avam
    Mr.,
    Are you making changes from the SX build you ordered for your wife? Are you building her bike too? What I really want to know is if River City will work with you to buy any parts from the kit that you don't want. I know that I will want to upgrade a few items no matter which kit I buy. BTW, which salesperson did you work with? I want to make certain to ask for the one who has the most experience with Ibis/Mojo. Thanks.
    Check your PM