(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

Welcome to the New Ibis Forum!

By popular demand (okay, maybe it's that free Mojo that Scot is sending me....j/k) Mtbr is proud to announce this new forums for Ibis owners and enthusiasts!

Be sure to check out the:

IBIS Virtual Tradeshow Booth

from our Interbike Coverage.

Welcome one and all.

-gregg

flow where ever you go
    Go Ibis!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    3rd post on new forum, Hurrah

www.derbyrims.com
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Where is my Bike?

Michael in NJ

Ps My order is now 6 months past due the ship date you told me… I might as well purchase a 2007 with a new paint job at this point! Dee from Sid's bike shop in NYC will be calling shortly to check on my status.
    Last edited by mjrr4; 10-04-2006 at 09:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrr4
    Where is my Bike?

Michael in NJ

Ps My order is now 6 months past due the ship date you told me… I might as well purchase a 2007 with a new paint job at this point! Dee from Sid's bike shop in NYC will be calling shortly to check on my status.
    Sorry for the delay. We (obviously) didn't anticipate it. The bikes are hard to build, and the good news is that the factory is doing a phenomenal job on the quality (have you seen the pictures of the bikes?). Bad news you already know, deliveries are delayed and numbers per delivery are smaller than anticipated.
    HOWEVER! We'll ship more than a hundred this month. That will really help with the backorders.
    Nobody wants to ship bikes more than we do. But we're not going to send out something that is sub-standard.
    Hope you understand.
    Scot

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Check out the not-a-blog too

Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    Mtbr is proud to announce this new forums for Ibis owners and enthusiasts!

Welcome one and all.

-gregg
    I'd also like to note that you can keep abreast of occasional updates and news and, well, general Ibis spew on my not-a-blog called "chuck spew".
    Waltz over to http://www.chuckibis.com/chuck_spew/

Enjoy,
    scot/chuck

PS
    (I said breast)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Scot,
    Because my Mojo delivery is delayed ( I orderd mine in June) I stopped in at my l.b.s. last Saturday to check on the delivery date, and went over my build with Kevin the shop owner. 1 hour later I had upgraded my Mojo to the tune of another $1200.00. My wife will be sending you the bill.
    On a more serious note the Mojo is a bike that I will enjoy for many years to come and when I orderd my bike I knew I was getting something diffrent. I don't expect or want this bike to be rushed, that is not what I paid for. What I want is the bike Chuck would build, not something a corporation turns out on a schedule set by some v.p. or c.f.o. "bean counter." So take your time and do it right because I am going to ride the hell out of mine.

Geof

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You are right Geof! Just being inpatient I agree with you completely…

Scot,
    Please understand I just felt misled on timing…can you blame me. I’m over it! In all seriousness after viewing the Mango & Green painted versions…would it be possible to wait a little longer for a color I would really much prefer? And ship the one I ordered to someone who can utilize it? Unfortunately my season for Mt. Biking has ended for me; due to heavy work flow time does not permit. The bike would just be hanging up in my garage staring at me. If I did go that route what would be an estimated delivery date for 2007?

Let me know.

Michael

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi Michael,
    The first painted bikes will be arriving in March. Talk to your dealer, they should be able to help with changing your order.
    Scot

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Swingarm pivot loose?

I received my carbon Mojo yesterday, and had my first 3 hr. ride today. I encountered the main swingarm pivot loosening (causing a knock and noticable slop (or maybe it was never properly torqued during assmbly? Anybody know the correct torque spec. for the pivot? Has anyone else encountered this? I tightened it down, will is stay tight?

Other than this the bike is awsome!