mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Weight on Special Blend Build Complete?

The price on these is so very darn attractive!

What's the build weight on these?
    We Ride In God's Country!

_
    Mar 2004
    My white, medium weighed 27.97 when we put it on the scale at the end of the build, including pedals(which didn't come with the package). My pedals are Crank Brothers Candy 1's.

Here is a pic of it from my first ride...about a month ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My wife's small weighed 27.31 before I made any improvements.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    27lbs??!!! What!! Geez, it should be at least 1-2lb less with XT and a King/Crest wheelset. Oh man, this really is a killer deal for $2750. Where'd you boys get yours?

At first glance, those wheels look like Enve's graphics. Now THAT would a bargain and lightweight
    Last edited by myitch; 08-14-2012 at 11:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    ~320 grams rotating weight you can lose upgrading to XTR race wheels that are on sale pretty much everywhere at $500, which seems like a good deal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I bought it through competitive cyclist. Current weight of the bike after some upgrading is 25 lb with 2.3 tires and platform pedals. Not bad.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ferros View Post
    I bought it through competitive cyclist. Current weight of the bike after some upgrading is 25 lb with 2.3 tires and platform pedals. Not bad.
    What parts upgraded? These list weights are going lower. I'm assuming you changed the wheels and SLX out at least.

Hmmmmm very tempting.

Dropshot Champ!
    jesus. My mojo is full x0 and flows and can't get under 29lbs without some seriously weight weenie tires.

that is impressive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I upgraded to xtr wheels, 2.3 Bronson's , easton ec70 seatpost, ec90 bar, xtr cranks970(2 rings),xtr cassette, xt brakes.
    Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it on the scale. It was slightly above 25lb if I remember correctly.

_
    Mar 2004
    I got mine at JensonUSA.

Parts I upgraded recently:
    Stock Saddle; WTB Rocket V...too narrow for my rump, put on a WTB Pure V, much more comfy
    Stock Grips; IBIS Ergo Foams...felt good for first few rides, but got very thin on outer portion, put on ODI Rogue Lock-ons, much more cushy.
    Stock Front Tire; Kenda Nevegal 2.1...too narrow and twitchy, put on Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35, much more stable and grippy.
    Stock Rear Tire; Kenda Nevegal 2.1...rolls slow, really feel that on extended climbs, put on Conti X-King 2.2, trying it out this weekend, should roll much better without compromising too much grip.
    Stock Handlebar; Ibis Alum, 710mm...replacing this weekend with a RaceFace Carbon Sixc, 725mm, should help reduce the excess chatter, and provide a slightly more stable cockpit.

I'm not sure what these changes will do to my overall weight, I'll have to go to my buddies house and weigh it again when all is said and done. Hoping it should be close to a wash.