mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Weight of Mojo with XTR build

Anyone have an exact weight for a medium mojo with the official full XTR Group
    Specifications build kit as per the Ibis website build?

Cheers

SSB

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My build is like that but I've never weighed it, so I'm interested too.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Mine weighed in just under 25 lbs. Xtr pedals and stans in the 2.1 nevegals. Harry

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

after some checking I reckon it should be around 24.4 lbs

Given that the Ibis site says 23.5 for the SL with XTR build, the SL is 0.9 lighter than standard, so that would imply 24.4 lbs for the standard Mojo with XTR build.

Checks about true with Harry's weight at 25.0 with xtr pedals, as they are 0.7 lbs

Out of interest, I found this site below which allows you to do your own builds and work the weight out for you!

http://www.wrenchscience.com/Ibis/Mo...es/Frames.html

Cheers

SoulSonic

mtbr member
    I know it isn't exactly what you are asking for but I had my LBS weigh a Mojo SL with full XT kit and no pedals....24.7lbs.

Hope this helps a little.

Trail Rider
    My medium (full XTR)was weighed at the LBS and their scale put it at around 24.75 without pedals. I have replaced my CF seatpost with a Thomson(cut some off). I don't take much stock in accurate weight measurement with those hanging scales. I just compare two bikes on the same scale. They put a XT version and it was about a lb. heavier. I've taken frames to a postal place for an accurate measurement.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

banned
    Not bad. It seems that it's actually financially feasible to get a Mojo into the high end of the XC race range without losing an insane amount of reliability.

Rides a Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Not bad. It seems that it's actually financially feasible to get a Mojo into the high end of the XC race range without losing an insane amount of reliability.
    I've got the full xtr setup on my pesto beastie and it's a sweet ride. It feels pretty light and nimble and I can definitely race along and not feel I am losing ground to my mates on short travel bikes. If my body was at the high end of XC race then I am confident the bike would be up to the task... but then i'd be missing out on all that beer and food and laying about talking up my efforts... and where's the fun in that I ask you :0)

14 sleeps until I land in Rotorua for 10 fun filled mtb days...

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807
    I've got the full xtr setup on my pesto beastie and it's a sweet ride. It feels pretty light and nimble and I can definitely race along and not feel I am losing ground to my mates on short travel bikes. If my body was at the high end of XC race then I am confident the bike would be up to the task... but then i'd be missing out on all that beer and food and laying about talking up my efforts... and where's the fun in that I ask you :0)

14 sleeps until I land in Rotorua for 10 fun filled mtb days...
    God loves New Zealand, he gave us boiling mud.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2times
    I know it isn't exactly what you are asking for but I had my LBS weigh a Mojo SL with full XT kit and no pedals....24.7lbs.

Hope this helps a little.
    For comparison: I have a standard mojo with XT kit and RS Revelation. At the LBS, the weight was 25.4 with no pedals.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a medium, natural frame with full XTR and Nevegal 2.1 tires, and it weighed in at 24.7 without pedals. It was ready to ride otherwise with clear film on the downtube and other areas and an old tube wrap on the chain stay.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    22.9 lbs Mojo SL "nude" - all XTR, Stan's NoTubes ZTR race wheels w/tubeless Kenda small block 8's. 4Ti egg beaters, Fox 140 float reduced to 130 w/terralogic... most of my weight drop was the wheels... and I can feel it climbing for sure. I'm only 145# so I can get away with "race wheels" for my every day riding... it's the sweetest all-in-one ride I've ever had :-) Just point and shoot...
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    My large fully xtr with Larsen TT tires with stans and shimano dx pedals came in at 26.5 lbs. When I was running Maxxis highrollers ust tires I went to 27.5 lbs.

Straw

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My Med SL w/ Fox RP23, TALAS 32, XTR wheels and tranny, 2.1 Nevegals, Avid Juicy Ult and Atomlab flats goes at 25.3 Could shave another 1/2 lb with saddle, post and bar options but I like it a little overbuilt and it's still comfortable and light.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oh, yes, it's a medium....

Quote Originally Posted by CactusJackSlade
    22.9 lbs Mojo SL "nude" - all XTR, Stan's NoTubes ZTR race wheels w/tubeless Kenda small block 8's. 4Ti egg beaters, Fox 140 float reduced to 130 w/terralogic... most of my weight drop was the wheels... and I can feel it climbing for sure. I'm only 145# so I can get away with "race wheels" for my every day riding... it's the sweetest all-in-one ride I've ever had :-) Just point and shoot...
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Bike Setup:
    IBIS Mojo SL w/ Lopes Link Med and DTSwiss XR
    Full XTR drivetrain.
    Formula (The One) brakes w/ 180mm F & R XTR rotors (and adapters and steel bolts)
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Stem and Riser Bar. Ritchey Carbon Pro Seatpost, Selle Italia C2.
    Fulcrum Red Metal 3 Wheelset , Hutchinson Scorpion 2.3 F Hutchinson Mosquito 2.0 R UST No tubes or "Notubes filler" in wheels.

Weights in at about 25.7lbs without my xtr pedals at the LBS.

I have a brand new XTR wheelset Im planning to try out. I should save me over 400+ grams.

i think I can lighten up my weight by switching off to my race xtr wheelset (its on order), skewers and replace the 4 steel 180mm front and rear adapter bolts with titanium.

-Vince