artistic...

want to swap my ibis...

it's a small, 17in c-t. need another frame, slightly bigger...
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

email if you want to sell it

If you are considering selling it, email me.
    Send pics and what you hope to get for it.
    Thanks

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by chapel00
    If you are considering selling it, email me.
    Send pics and what you hope to get for it.
    Thanks
    here she is... ibis mojo 17in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    here she is... ibis mojo 17in.
    I've seen a couple of your posts about the fit if your Mojo. Yeah, the stem might be a bit long (I spent years on 150mm stems for flat bar equipped bikes until I started riding frames with effective t/t lengths in the 25" range and can now ride short 135mm stems ). Your seat height looks pretty good on that frame.

You also asked about drop bars on that frame. Drop bars won't solve the short t/t issue for you, but there are options. Your flat bar position is pretty low according to the photo so I think you could fit nicely on that bike with drops and a Salsa Moto Ace S.U.L stem in a 135 length with 130 deg. angle (Salsa measures the angle from horizontal so a 0 deg stem would be a 90 deg stem in Salsa-speak - the 130 deg stem has 40 deg or rise from horizontal). It is a 25.4 bar clamp so it would hold a newer W T B bar if you could find one - or maybe one of the On-One bars that Brant is doing.

Took the liberty of modifying your photo to show an approximate drop bar stem position with that Salsa stem.
    Last edited by ssmike; 08-19-2006 at 08:51 AM.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    I've seen a couple of your posts about the fit if your Mojo. Yeah, the stem might be a bit long (I spent years on 150mm stems for flat bar equipped bikes until I started riding frames with effective t/t lengths in the 25" range and can now ride short 135mm stems ). Your seat height looks pretty good on that frame.

You also asked about drop bars on that frame. Drop bars won't solve the short t/t issue for you, but there are options. Your flat bar position is pretty low according to the photo so I think you could fit nicely on that bike with drops and a Salsa Moto Ace S.U.L stem in a 135 length with 130 deg. angle (Salsa measures the angle from horizontal so a 0 deg stem would be a 90 deg stem in Salsa-speak - the 130 deg stem has 40 deg or rise from horizontal). It is a 25.4 bar clamp so it would hold a newer W T B bar if you could find one - or maybe one of the On-One bars that Brant is doing.

Took the liberty of modifying your photo to show an approximate drop bar stem position with that Salsa stem.

hey mike, thanks.,. that's what i needed: a diagram like you did. see, w/ a low 135 stem
    i'm still cramped. i would ride a medium w/ 130 stem easy..
    i love this frame. she is special. i could have 0.5in more of wheelbase but the tight 41in as is doesn't make it twitchy at all..
    if i could build the ibis w/ drop bars and stretch out, i would have a suppa duppa cool all around machine. i would even install a rigid fork and ride it everywhere.
    i haven't seen a 130 salsa stem 135mm being sold. only the 115. any hints of where to find it? as for bars, the nitto randonneurs are 25.4! and i believe they come in 46cm...

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    i haven't seen a 130 salsa stem 135mm being sold. only the 115. any hints of where to find it? as for bars, the nitto randonneurs are 25.4! and i believe they come in 46cm...
    In the states, any dealer can order that stem from Quality Bicycle Products. Not sure who carries Salsa outside the US, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to order it for you.

You must have a long torso and arms to be cramped on that bike with that seat height.

artistic...
    In the states, any dealer can order that stem from Quality Bicycle Products. Not sure who carries Salsa outside the US, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to order it for you.

You must have a long torso and arms to be cramped on that bike with that seat height.
    yup. long torso and looong arms. i'm on 54 road bike, 54.5 tt and moving from a 120 to a130 stem..
    i just went to the salsa site and they don't show any 130 degr. stems. max is 115. speedgoat and other shops only list 115. did they stop making it?
    i have some friends in the US that could order and send me the stemand bar(much easier than doing it through a local LBS). i feel i could like the wtb drops but it seems it's a slippery cat to catch too..

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    i just went to the salsa site and they don't show any 130 degr. stems. max is 115. speedgoat and other shops only list 115. did they stop making it?
    i have some friends in the US that could order and send me the stemand bar(much easier than doing it through a local LBS). i feel i could like the wtb drops but it seems it's a slippery cat to catch too..
    Not sure why the site does not show that stem, but it's listed in QBP's newest dealer catalog. Part number SM8733 - 135mm x 130 deg angle for 25.4 bar.

artistic...
    Not sure why the site does not show that stem, but it's listed in QBP's newest dealer catalog. Part number SM8733 - 135mm x 130 deg angle for 25.4 bar.
    i just asked a friend from the road board to look for the stem. he works in a mtb lbs in florida and could ship it to me.
    i looked again at the drawing and it looked to me the drops would be very close to where the flat bar is.. it may not work but i'm willing to try. if it doesn't i will use the parts on a cross/ touring/ commuter bike.

VRC Illuminati
    Mike is kind of a tall guy...but his drop bar'ed Ibis looked to fit him perfect!

-eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Mike is kind of a tall guy...but his drop bar'ed Ibis looked to fit him perfect!
    It does fit perfect. At the time I ordered the frame, I wanted the 20" because I like the look of that long IRD seat post sticking out of the frame a la a Cunningham, but the stock 20" t/t was too short so I had it custom made with a 24" c-c top tube and a custom LD stem built to dimensions I supplied to Scot.

artistic...
    It does fit perfect. At the time I ordered the frame, I wanted the 20" because I like the look of that long IRD seat post sticking out of the frame a la a Cunningham, but the stock 20" t/t was too short so I had it custom made with a 24" c-c top tube and a custom LD stem built to dimensions I supplied to Scot.
    got the stem. now, i'm looking for the dirtdrops, if there's any around... next, dc v's levers. then ultegra bar ends (maybe try it as ss before). fun.