mtbr member
    Jan 2004

vintage ibis and new school racer

here is a pic of a vintage ( circa '86 ) ibis being raced by my 12 y/o daughter. she knows the score, and there is no way she will ever give the bike back to her mother, ha ha, i have a matching one, but it is too big for the rotten child so i race it as a SS. thought you all might enjoy the pic - this old machine is still out there winning races and making people happy.

sorry, no html . . . . . .

http://fattires-n-beer.com/v-web/gal...rbll/equalizer

Holy Chromoly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mon t
    here is a pic of a vintage ( circa '86 ) ibis being raced by my 12 y/o daughter. she knows the score, and there is no way she will ever give the bike back to her mother, ha ha, i have a matching one, but it is too big for the rotten child so i race it as a SS. thought you all might enjoy the pic - this old machine is still out there winning races and making people happy.

sorry, no html . . . . . .

http://fattires-n-beer.com/v-web/gal...rbll/equalizer

Nice one, your daughter is brought up in style in this sport

Off-topic;

Say, couldn't help noticing that 'WORS' sign above one of the pictures... My good friend Frank (from the Netherlands/Europe, like myself) of mine spent some time in Chicago for school, half a year or so. I guess that's back like 3 years or so. He rode some races and won one or two..... He treasures the yersey from the North Branch Cycling Club he had on that races, though he is not into mtb'ing any more (fully commited to studying, beer and chicks...).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I am not retro.... I am way ahead of my time...

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

Who's that f#$king Doug Lexington?!