mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Using an 05 MK III Expert on Mojo

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting an Ibis Mojo frame and put all parts from my 05 MK III expert into the Mojo. my MK III is stock so is there anything that won't work on the Mojo? I've never built a bike before so I'm not sure which parts will or will not work. I probably will have an LBS do the part transfer. Thanks.

It's the axle
    Without being familiar with the bike, I can give a few possible no-goes.

Headset
    Seatpost
    Brake mounting

I think your bike is 30 mm seatpost. Zero stack headset. Post mount brakes. Nothing big to overcome, though.

I'm building up my own bike. It's way too fun to let someone else do. Everything is prepped on today's components. It's just bolt and adjust, pretty much.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    Without being familiar with the bike, I can give a few possible no-goes.

Headset
    Seatpost
    Brake mounting

I think your bike is 30 mm seatpost. Zero stack headset. Post mount brakes. Nothing big to overcome, though.

I'm building up my own bike. It's way too fun to let someone else do. Everything is prepped on today's components. It's just bolt and adjust, pretty much.
    Also, the front derailleur is 34.9 Top pull bottom swing on the Mojo. I'm not sure what the MK is, I think it's top swing.

Brakes should mount the same I think.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmusic
    Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting an Ibis Mojo frame and put all parts from my 05 MK III expert into the Mojo. my MK III is stock so is there anything that won't work on the Mojo? I've never built a bike before so I'm not sure which parts will or will not work. I probably will have an LBS do the part transfer. Thanks.
    The front D is different.
    The seatpost is, too.
    Headset also. Hope you have a long steerer tube if you plan to use the same fork.
    Disc brake mounts are the same.
    And you'll need different shifter housing lengths in some parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    thanks for all the info. I decided to go for it and ordered a Green Mojo!