mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Uneven space between seat stay to seat tube on SL

Hi everybody,

I noticed on my SL that the space between the seat stay to the seat tube is not the same on both sides. There is a gap of 1 mm on one side and 2-3 mm on the other side (where the cassette is mounted) is this OK?

The bike where reassembled about a month ago by the mechanic on my LBS and he replaced all of the bearings. so I don't know if its assembly issue or just a standard divination within the norm that i did not noticed before.

I dismounted the rear shock to see if it is the source of this divination but it is not that. I also checked and tightened the links Bolts (except for the one on the lower link that needs disassembling the crank to get to).

any Suggestions/Advice?

attached a scheme of the issue..

Thanks
    Tal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uneven space between seat stay to seat tube on SL-ibis-seat-stayes-space-fro-seat-tube1.jpg  

Last edited by Tal Kadouri; 04-15-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Tal

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    From eyeballing my rear triangle. The drive(chainring) side. Is closer to the seat tube compare to the other side.

aka dan51
    Does your bike have the lopes link or the two individual links?
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have a lopes link.
    At my bike the situation is just the opposite... The side of the chain is further away than the other side.
    Tal

aka dan51
    This was a problem before the lopes link. With it, mine has been even on both sides for the last 3 years.
    The bearings are a pain to get out of the lopes link (in my experience), so in the process of changing them the link may have been bent a little, causing the offset you are seeing.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

It's the axle
    I just want to mention what a great drawing that is.

Looking at my Mojo, I see I have the same situation. As much of a perfectionist as I tend to be, I really think it's a non-issue. I'd have to spend some time working on it to give advice on how to alter it. Remember, you're only talking about moving things a millimeter.
    Note to self: 85% of FTP for 20 min.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks.

I will check the links.
    Tal

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    WIth the dual links, the spaces were even on my bike. After adding the lopes link, they were uneven like the OP. A second lopes link, same result.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks guys,

I sort it out. Dismounted the upper link - one of the bearings was a bit out of place.
    Tal