mtbr member
    May 2011

Two New Special Blends

Well, the wife and I made a trip up north this past week to Santa Cruz to pick up a small orange Mojo Sl Special Blend for her. We drove from Orange County and back the same day (13.5 hours).
    Family Cycling Center up there had the bike and the staff was awesome. I had been talking with them for about a week before we decided to make the drive. Anyway, we got up there, they had her bike built up. To my surprise they also had a large pesto green Special Blend as well.
    So my wife and I start talking about it and she decides she's going to buy the bike for me as well! No, I don't normally approve of these things but....yeah, I wasn't going to pass it up either
    The drive home was full of grins from ear to ear from the both of us. I started building up the bike that night. I took a few pics of the frame but once I got into it I forgot to take pics of the process (to darn eager/excited).
    We took the bikes to Aliso yesterday for a shake down ride. We loved every freaking second of it. What an amazing bike!
    Pics when I get home...at work now but I'm too over joyed not to share with everyone!

aka dan51
    Damn! Quite a drive for a new bike! Well worth it since you brought home 2 You should have made a stop by Ibis HQ to meet the guys behind the magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Pesto is such a sick color. As another new Ibis owner allow me to say congrats and enjoy! My first shakeout ride was Lynx & Rock-It and I was also blown away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    nice!! special blends owners are growing!
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    WHAT!!! You drove from OC to Santa Cruz, picked up TWO new Ibis bikes and DIDN'T RIDE DEMO FOREST!!! You're killing me!
    Congratulations on the two new family members, enjoy!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ok, I finally got a chance to take a few pics. Yes, I wish I could have stopped by Ibis but time would not allow that day. Next time for sure though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two New Special Blends-057.jpg  

Two New Special Blends-058.jpg  

Two New Special Blends-059.jpg  

Two New Special Blends-060.jpg  

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Two beauties, especially next to each other!

But man, that saddle angle hurts, doesn't it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    does the other come with flows?
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks guys

The saddle angle feels fine to me (if your referring to the green one). I fractured the vertebra right above my tailbone a few years ago so every now and again it bothers me when I sit and there's pressure. That angle relieves a little bit of pressure around that area for me.

I had the Flows on another bike and with my weight, 6'2" ~200lbs, I felt better having the Flows under me than the Mavics.

Lightly salted
    Do both the bikes have the X-fusion 02 RCX shock? I called X-fusion asking about a shock to run the HD @ 140mm and they recommended and said that the 02 RCX was what was being used on the special blend bikes. How do you like the performance of the shock?

Wait for me!
    I give those pics three thumbs up, one for each bike and another for the Bodom sticker on your window \m/

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Do both the bikes have the X-fusion 02 RCX shock? I called X-fusion asking about a shock to run the HD @ 140mm and they recommended and said that the 02 RCX was what was being used on the special blend bikes. How do you like the performance of the shock?
    Yep they sure do. So far I really like the feel of the O2 on the dw link. I think they pair up perfectly. The adjustments for rebound work really well and are noticeable in all 4 settings.

Whoopwhoop, yeah I'm just a weeeeeeee bit obsessed with Children of Bodom. I got Kustomcaps ro make me 2 Bodom caps, here's one of them. And another pic of me and the wife lady at one of the many concerts we've seen them at.....yes that's black eye liner I'm wearing! haha \m/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two New Special Blends-007-2-.jpg  

Two New Special Blends-109.jpg  

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Ordered the RLX yesterday from them, the wait for an RCX is a month or so, but i run my RP23 open for everything and the additional settings of the RCX was unimportant to me (RL would have sufficed but is also currently out of stock, RLR was in stock though but didnt want a bar mounted lever)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    Ordered the RLX yesterday from them, the wait for an RCX is a month or so, but i run my RP23 open for everything and the additional settings of the RCX was unimportant to me (RL would have sufficed but is also currently out of stock, RLR was in stock though but didnt want a bar mounted lever)
    Where did you ordered the RLX? How much? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nice Mascara bro!

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie29er View Post
    Where did you ordered the RLX? How much? Thanks!
    direct from x-fusion, John Valera (jvalera"at"xfusionshox.com) was very helpful
    its an xtra 50 bucks for the DW tune

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    direct from x-fusion, John Valera (jvalera"at"xfusionshox.com) was very helpful
    its an xtra 50 bucks for the DW tune
    Great! Thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    Nice Mascara bro!
    yep, complete with black nails too! but only for the shows..... \m/ What's life without a little fun and craziness. Ok back to the bikes haha!

_
    Mar 2004
    Any updates? I too ride aliso (was just there today), and was wondering if you have anything to add to your initial reviews. My friend has a carbon mojo hd and says he loves his more and more each ride. This Special Blend deal has really peaked my interest!

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ I got my Special Blend on a road trip to San Jose (Trail Head Cylery = Awesome). I've had 5 rides on it in 9 days, and it's been sweet! I've ridden mostly in Laguna Coast and the Weedpatch. Big improvement from my '07 S-works Stumpy, especially on the technical stuff--up and down--in Laguna Coast.

I did order new wheels right away to save some weight and go tubeless, but other than that I've been very satisfied. Lovin' the X-fusion fork. You won't be disappointed.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

_
    Mar 2004
    ^ thanks! How did the brakes feel to you?

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ So far--great! Excellent modulation/feel and plenty of power. I did have to adjust the "reach screws" to open up the levers, and I've heard they tend to loosen over time. Pm me if you ever want to take it for a little spin.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I ended up swapping out the Avids for some Magura MT4s (with BAT) thinking they would be incredible. Oddly enough, WAY too much lever pull for my personal preference regardless of what I tried. (Bleeding, BAT, brining to multiple shops even, etc.)

Ended up with some 785 XT brakes with ICE rotors and couldn't be happier.

If you like the Avids, you're golden. However, if you're looking for something else I strongly suggest the 785 XTs.

BTW, my nuclear pesto Special Blend is still going strong. Going to be hitting Reiville Ranch soon and will try and take some good "action" shots.

Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhot996 View Post
    Ok, I finally got a chance to take a few pics. Yes, I wish I could have stopped by Ibis but time would not allow that day. Next time for sure though!

Totally sick! Congratulations! I love happy endings!!!

sent from my rotary phone