MHC
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Turner Flux or Mojo SL-R?

I'm looking at a new frame purchase, 26" wheels, light XC/trail bike to cope with the UK & top of my list are:
    Turner flux (2012 model)
    Mojo SL-R (2012 model)
    Also considering
    Liteville 301 MK11
    Scott Spark
    Cube HPC 150 SL

My question is any SL-R owners regret the purchase & which bottom bracket to use to ensure no creaking!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Love my SLR. Upgraded from a SL and the SLR is a fantastic trail bike. Light and stiff and a perfect bike for my local trails.

BB wise I am using a Race Face and a friend is using a Shimano on his SLR no creaks at all.

mtbr member
    I'm reading this while seeing a Jenson ad on the side of the page for a complete Special Blend SL-R for $2949, and thinking bad things that would get me in big trouble at home! I know that's the way I would go, without a doubt, but I'm biased...

mtbr member
    I have been riding a SL from day one, I think I bought it as soon as it got in production, and I simply love the bike. Along the way I changed to the new upper link, and added a Hadley rear 10mm through axle (a $25 upgrade), making the bike noticeably stiffer and holding its line much better in the turns. It is too bad that it is not in production any longer (maybe you can find one?), it was a very viable cheaper alternative.

But the SL-R is an upgrade in many respects and it would be my choice number one if I had to buy a new bike ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Davide; 01-16-2014 at 08:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    I'm reading this while seeing a Jenson ad on the side of the page for a complete Special Blend SL-R for $2949, and thinking bad things that would get me in big trouble at home! I know that's the way I would go, without a doubt, but I'm biased...
    Honestly you could probably sell the SL frame and the excess parts and come out pretty close to even. The only issue would be 650b clearance, the SL-R was known to have less than the SL.