mtbr member

Tirefit: will a 2,5 WTB Weirwolf fit in the back end of the Mojo SL?

...Thanks for answering! Soulbrotha from Austria!

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    If it does, I bet it rubs a bit. better have some really really true wheels....and no mud of course.

www.derbyrims.com
    I use WTB 2.4 size Mutano and Moto Raptor tires which have only 1/4 inch clearance sideways to the left chain stay, the other stays have 1/2 inch or more clearance.

I would guess that the 2.5 Weirwolf would fit.

The 2.5 Weirwolf is pretty much dry hardpack only. I think the 2.4 Mutanoraptor is more versatile having taller knobs for better cornering and braking but still rolls extremely easy on hardpack. Even in mud they arenít bad with having wide spaced knobs and they roll easy on the firm trail between mud bogs. But both tires are too light and can puncture and tear sidewalls easily on mostly rocky trails. The heavier duty 2.4 MotoRaptors work well for mostly rock but roll pretty slow in comparison to the other two.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Kendas

The 2.35 Kenda Nevegals fit well....
    "Nothing is free."

Ibis Mojo / Parlee Z5 / Colnago Master Zabel / Cannondale Tandem / Civia Loring w/bamboo fenders

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The Continental Mountain King 2.4 fits.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

I don't have experience with that specific 2.5 but most will fit but won't have much clearance on the sides. Forward clearance is OK

We would have liked to design with more clearance, but the chainstay length would have had to grow and we didn't want that. The other option was to make the chainstays thinner in that area and we didn't want to do that either. I figured it was OK considering the type of riding most people were going to do on this bike. There is a lot of clearance on most builds with 2.1s and 2.3s

Let us know how it fits if you try it. Every tire is different. There seems to be little consistency in the way tire mfg. measure and also the shapes vary a lot.

Cheers!

Hans