mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Time to replace my 03 Specialized Enduro FSR with a Mojo?

I've been trying for many years now to see if there's anything out there that's really that much better than my 03 Specialized Enduro FSR and nothing has been good enough to replace it so far. This time around though, the new Mojo, Enduro SL and Stumpjumper look quite interesting for xc/trail riding. I have tried many suspension designs (no DW yet) over the years, but the FSR seem to be better at isolating the rider from the rough terrain and seem to provide greater traction while climbimg and braking. I just wish that my Enduro was more efficient or had less bob like the Santa Cruz Blur and was a bit lighter.

How does the Mojo compare to the Enduro in the traction and efficiency department?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've had 2 rides on my new Mojo. I have an 03 FSR-xc and thought it was good, and I've ridden newer and older Enduros. Absolutely no comparison -- Mojo all the way. The DW link works, period. The propedal on the shock works too, but it just isn't necessary since the DW is so effective. The geometry is spot on, to steal a phrase. It doesn't flex and I'm 200 lbs. This thing has 5.5 inches of travel and works better for my style xc than anything I've ridden. I plan on using it for the Transrockies this year. I had a tiny little bit of a doubt when I ordered it, but that evaporated within a minute of riding it. As for traction and efficiency, again, no comparison.

I did do a comparison between the Spec Epic, FSR-xc, Enduro and Mojo. Obviously the Epic is an amazing xc bike. The FSR-xc is great too, and the Enduro can't be faulted either. Any would be a good choice, but the Mojo is technically superior to all of them (IMHO), substantially lighter than all of them in an XTR build except the S-works Epic, and costs less. From a standpoint that looks exclusively at the specs, build and numbers, the Mojo is superior. Alternatively, one ride and you won't need any other info, you'll KNOW it's better.

If you are looking for an improvement over your Enduro, you cannot go wrong with a Mojo. It will be a HUGE step up. That might be an understatement.

If it sounds like I'm on the payroll, I'm not. This is one of the rare occasions where I feel a product is worth writing about. I could go on and on, but I think the point I wanted to make has been conveyed.

HTH