Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    caninus xerophilous

Thinking about canceling my HD

What gives at Ibis!

Pre-ordered and paid for a white HD, was supposed to ship last week...again. And they did not even inform the OLBS of the new expected delivery date. Dont worry about the paying customers, just blow some more smoke.

This is leaving a bad tatse in my mouth concerning Ibis. I'm rapidly loosing confidence and am thinking about jumping ship to a proven bike, like a Specialized XS Trail or Enduro SL, Pivot Firebird, Titus El Guapo, or a Turner 5 Spot or RFX.

I was truly excited to try Ibis and its Mojo HD, but man, delay this and delay that, its starting to look like too many excuses. Its looking to me like they released the model before it was really ready. Where will my $2500 investment be in three years? Will my paint be peeling off?

Patience is running thin.

holding back the darkness
    That seems very uncharacteristic of Ibis.
    Read a little. Ibis has an incredible history of customer service. You might do some investigating into your "OLBS" and see if there isn't an issue on their end, what their customer service track record is like.
    And as far as "jumping ship to a proven bike"... What are you talking about? How about the past several years of Mojo development? How about Brian Lopes crushing it on an HD? And the RFX doesn't even exist in the open market yet....
    Released the model before it was ready? What are you hearing? HAve you heard tales of defects or issues?
    You may be right. Too many excuses. I'd figure out if they aren't coming from your dealer, perhaps making promises they couldn't deliver on themselves?
    Lastly, have you called Ibis directly? 1-866-424-7635. Ask them yourself. See what's up. Check out their customer service for yourself.
    Or try the decaf.
    Patience is a virtue. It's the most boring, but often the most useful.

holding back the darkness
    Oh, and you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    Just saying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    What gives at Ibis!

Pre-ordered and paid for a white HD, was supposed to ship last week...again. And they did not even inform the OLBS of the new expected delivery date. Dont worry about the paying customers, just blow some more smoke.

This is leaving a bad tatse in my mouth concerning Ibis. I'm rapidly loosing confidence and am thinking about jumping ship to a proven bike, like a Specialized XS Trail or Enduro SL, Pivot Firebird, Titus El Guapo, or a Turner 5 Spot or RFX.

I was truly excited to try Ibis and its Mojo HD, but man, delay this and delay that, its starting to look like too many excuses. Its looking to me like they released the model before it was really ready. Where will my $2500 investment be in three years? Will my paint be peeling off?

Patience is running thin.
    Sorry you got bad info, let's fix that.

With some specifics we can comment intelligently. What shop and when was it ordered please?

On the plus side, the bikes are coming out great and there's absolutely nothing available at the moment that can touch it. The DW link system + 5 years of experience with the standard Mojo and Mojo SL have enabled a very high degree of refinement not really possible to do all at one shot with a new model normally.

Email = hans@ibiscycles.com Please send the info and we'll get your shop to call you with the best estimate of delivery time. BTW, not blowing any smoke here. Actually close to our stated delivery dates. The most common misunderstanding is that even though we are delivering bikes currently, we are catching up with older back orders.

Hans
    This order was placed 3 weeks ago - April 15th btw.
    Last edited by hanssc; 05-06-2010 at 02:56 PM.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Don't be to willing to jump ship yet. I waited and waited until I thuoght I would not see mine until "the 12th of never". It finally arrived after ordering it 8 months previous. It was WELL worth the wait.This bike tears it up in all of the conditions I have ridden it in, in the short amount of time I've had it. Just be a little patient, and when yours arrives I'd be willing to bet you will be extremely happy with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Don't cancel just yet - the Mojo is always worth it.

Hans, not meaning to sound like an opportunist, but do you possibly have an idea when the first round of bikes will hit South African shores? To my understanding only two is on the first order of TWT, one being mine, but I have not been able to get an estimate on delivery...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The best source is TWT since we can't tell which frames are going to which customer.
    Best Regards,
    Hans

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm with Boardguru, don't give up! I waited 6 months for mine back in 07 and I'd never give up my mojo.....except for a HD
    Ease & Flow Where Ever I Go

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    deleted
    Last edited by hanssc; 05-06-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    What gives at Ibis!
    You do realize that a lot of 'boutique' brands with new models coming out are all in the same boat? It's spring time, so a lot of people are putting in orders and it's a carbon frame which takes time. So either the new stuff is slowly trickling out to the consumer or first runs are already sold out and people are waiting for second batches to get out of the hands of the 11 year old blind Taiwanese girl laying all those sheets of carbon in a pretty pattern to make a Mojo HD, Tallboy, Bromad or Air Mc9'er Carbon.

Sucks to wait. But it also sucks to be stuck with a ho-hum a gaper bike like a Special-Ed with a Brain Tumor shock and eSSe'works proprietary this and that.

The HD's going to be sick. You'd be a fool not to wait another week or two.

aka dan51
    If it's for an XL I say cancel. It will just speed it up for others waiting for an XL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

T.W.O.
    I've never had a customer service issue with Ibis, ever. I think the OP should check your LBS to see if they are straight. When I ordered my first Mojo (small), I waited 6-7 months for them, but was already explained to me that the delivery could takes some time as the the first batch as Med, and Large.

I spent my time thinking about the build, and getting my parts together. Worth the wait. For the record, Ibis is a solid and proven design.

BTW, if you want the RFX, you should forget about it, at best the delivery time is 2012. Dave only have one right now, and the focus is on the DHR. Don't think you'll make it that far.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    If it's for an XL I say cancel. It will just speed it up for others waiting for an XL
    I read in People Magazine that the XL's are actually 11% better than the other sizes. Apparently Magnum PI's in line for one. Don't hear him complaining.

]

mtbr member
    Sundog-

You are 3rd in the queue on getting a Large HD brother- hang tight! I'm as anxious as you to get the bike to you- if it weren't for me not currently needing a new 6" bike, I'd be on the waiting list too. The Mojo HD should be well worth the wait.

Ibis is supposed to come by our shop soon (the 21st if I remember correctly) and rumor has it that a fleet of HD's is going to available to thrash around on. Lucky for me we have a freeride trail nearby within pedaling distance and I'll likely be the only employee here riding this bike to it's true ability. Rest assured I will call you that day with a FULL ride report and maybe some photos! I'm bring my full face helmet and my balls and riding this bike like I stole it! Here is one of the first obstacles I'll hit on it - ignore the Corsair I'm riding in the pic- I'm sure the HD will soak this hit up much easier.

eric@competitivecyclist.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't drink it

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    E2@CC,

That's super sick.

Borrowed my friend's XXXL HD in the upcoming 2014 Bacon Double Cheesburger colorway and hit this up:

The HD totally handled it. I jumped it twice. That's my friend standing there watching. He was too scared to try it. He didn't want to get his school clothes dirty. He has a Brian Lopes picture in his bedroom.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hans, you have more patience than me. I'd just tell the guy GFY, we don't want you on an Ibis. Not like one extra frame isn't gonna sell.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Wwmd?

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradoxj13
    Hans, you have more patience than me. I'd just tell the guy GFY, we don't want you on an Ibis. Not like one extra frame isn't gonna sell.
    Pretty much a text book formula for a successful and long lasting company right there.

I think Milton Freidman just farted in his grave.

T.W.O.

That's the Ibis difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradoxj13
    It takes a "know how" to turn an unhappy customer into a Loyal one. I think Han is doing good job Try that with Spec or Titus, they'd just tell you to talk to the dealer.

mtbr member
    Lets see, within 2 hours you got responses from both Ibis and Competitive cyclist about your complaint. Ya, I'd definitely look elsewhere for a bike. I just couldn't tolerate that kind of treatment.

mtbr member
    Sundog: 3 weeks and you come off like a female of your species. Hang in there dog!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW
    Lets see, within 2 hours you got responses from both Ibis and Competitive cyclist about your complaint. Ya, I'd definitely look elsewhere for a bike. I just couldn't tolerate that kind of treatment.
    Wow, Im just lurking over here from the Sta Cruz forum and the responsiveness and communication from Ibis and CC is impressive...makes me want to get in line for an HD

T.W.O.
    That's the spirit

bike rider
    It seems that whenever a much anticipated new frame comes out there are delays in supplying demand. That's why I didn't plan on getting an HD this season & why I'm gonna wait 2 years to get the carbon V10.

If people haven't come to expect this sort of thing..... maybe they will now.
    Keep the Country country.

Turn off the TV
    I remember when people were bi@*&ing about the original frames being late. Then the SL. Just hold one and you will be a happy camper.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by E2@CC
    Sundog-

You are 3rd in the queue on getting a Large HD brother- hang tight! I'm as anxious as you to get the bike to you- if it weren't for me not currently needing a new 6" bike, I'd be on the waiting list too. The Mojo HD should be well worth the wait.

Ibis is supposed to come by our shop soon (the 21st if I remember correctly) and rumor has it that a fleet of HD's is going to available to thrash around on. Lucky for me we have a freeride trail nearby within pedaling distance and I'll likely be the only employee here riding this bike to it's true ability. Rest assured I will call you that day with a FULL ride report and maybe some photos! I'm bring my full face helmet and my balls and riding this bike like I stole it! Here is one of the first obstacles I'll hit on it - ignore the Corsair I'm riding in the pic- I'm sure the HD will soak this hit up much easier.

eric@competitivecyclist.com

Nice.

Where is the tranny?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast