mtbr member
    Mar 2008

New question here. THINK I"M GOIN MOJO... few questions first

First question.... sizing. couldn't find chart on ibis site. I'm 5'8 with a 28in inseam. Should I go small or medium? Won't be able to test ride (I live in Nebraska...)

Second question.... How will this bike handle abuse? While 85% of my riding will be xc style, I will get really agresive with it when i'm on trips to UT, AZ, CO, etc... I'm not scared of drops and jumps, I grew up on motocross bikes and quads.

Third question.... Best place to buy? and anything specific to look for when buying used?

thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by adhumston; 03-18-2008 at 07:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Where to Buy

I don't have a Mojo, I purchased a Maverick Durance.through Wrench Science. They were fantastic, really patient whilst we worked out the details. Pretty good pricing to. And their online fitting system seems to have worked for me.

Highly recommended. The service from Leif Fleming was excellent.

I am based in New Zealand and had no problems transacting with them

http://www.wrenchscience.com/Store.aspx?stylecode=M

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I think if you go with "traditional" sizing or "old school" XC sizing, you should bet a S with a 100-110mm stem. However, most people in your height range would nowadays say to go with the Med and ride a 90 mm stem.

What length TT do you ride now?

I'm 5'7" (don't know what my inseam is) but I would never think of going with a small. The mojo climbs well enough with the 90 mm stem.....the steering doesn't wander on steep technical climbs and it's not too slow for technical singletrack. To me, there's no disadvantage of going with the longer TT and shorter stem in your height range.

What's your weight? Riders above 190ish or so are sometimes bothered by by rear-end flex.

I bought my mojo frame only from an MTBR member (larsey) and got a great price.

mtbr member
    Call Rick out in CA. .....Tell him Dan sent ya 916-835-1163...he can answer all your questions...just got my SL frame yesterday..I hung it on my wall it looks so cool....ride on
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm about your size and I ride a medium SL and it feels just right. I built my bike a little heavier than most (27LBS) but I wanted this bike to be able to take some abuse. The frame is plenty strong, Brian Lopes is riding a Mojo so you know it's going to be abused. Just be make sure you get a strong set of wheels if you plan on doing big jumps. The Mojo is the best handling bike out there, you wont be disappointed.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I would say medium over small as my wife rides a medium with a 70mm stem and she is 5'5". She could be on a small or a medium but the medium works well for her.

As far as abuse - heh you are going to be totally fine. I ride Colorado and Eastern Utah as well (a lot) and have my mojo for about 18months without a problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Another vote for medium

You will have an easier time finding a perfectly balanced position on a medium. I'm 5'10" on a medium Mojo and that is right at the tipping point between medium and large.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Dang, Lopes should be Ibis spokesperson about the Mojo usage in aggresive MTB.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Gonzo.....Great pic..the grass is just as perfect as the bike..nice
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    you're beautiful, you're beautiful its true. Hahaha
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

don't order one until mine arrives!!!!

Hey the waiting list is long enough .My SL is still 4 weeks away.
    I also haven't been able to demo a med and
    am about an inch shorter than you. The advice from this forum and from Hans has steered me towards a med with an 80 cm stem.
    I can let you know the correct size in 4 weeks

seems heavier wheels, and the 36 talas fork is the option for a more solid build

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by adhumston
    First question.... sizing. couldn't find chart on ibis site. I'm 5'8 with a 28in inseam. Should I go small or medium? Won't be able to test ride (I live in Nebraska...)

Second question.... How will this bike handle abuse? While 85% of my riding will be xc style, I will get really agresive with it when i'm on trips to UT, AZ, CO, etc... I'm not scared of drops and jumps, I grew up on motocross bikes and quads.

Third question.... Best place to buy? and anything specific to look for when buying used?

thanks everyone!!
    You are lucky enough to be just the right size for the medium. Not small for xc style. At 5'9" I spent a great deal of time trying to figure between a large and a medium. Because the large fit me better as far as allowing me to be stretched out for xc but steering was sluggish. I would best be suited for a size 18" but I don't think that is going to be happening anytime soon.
    5'5" medium ? I don't know about that, but everyone is different.
    Last edited by ghawk; 03-19-2008 at 05:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I can let you know the correct size in 4 weeks
    Haha, 4 weeks, dun worry mate, we are here to support you

Btw, I realise ever since the Mojo SL is released, most new bike posted in this forum is the SL version, interesting.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Whats wrong with small ghawk?, My giant Anthem is sized Medium and people say I should get a Large instead (I'm 175cm ish).
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    the curved top tube allows for more standover height i would lean more towards a medium, i'm 5'9" and have the large and rock the colorado trails. The larger frame will give the efficiency of xc riding while if you put a shorter stem you can still drop the seat and dh it.

Where to buy? Well I work at Full Cycle in Fort Collins we can definitely order one for you, it will be here much faster if you just go with the Mojo anyhow we have a med Mojo in the badass baby blue on the floor if you want to give it a shot

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by adhumston

thanks everyone!!
    i must be weird. i am only about 5'4" but have a 30+ inseam.

did you use the "book" in your crotch method to measure inseam?

i also have an extensive motocross hx and other off-road stuff. i chose to get the med frame for a couple reasons:

1) longer head tube
    2) longer wheelbase
    3) so that my taller friends can test ride it! jk

about the only negative i could see was a taller stand over height. but it is not that much at all. i could makeup for that with more sag if i wanted to.

if you're like me, you used to drool over the ohlins motocross shocks in the late 80s' - early 90's. yeah, can you guess what shock is going on my mojo?
    take care

mx

Trail Rider

I'm 5'7" 29-30 inseam

I bought a medium. I test rode both. The LBS said I should go with a small. I called Ibis and they said someone who works there was my size and rode a medium. I could fit either. On the test ride, both worked, but I preferred the feel of a medium. I have a 90 mm stem.
    [size=4]Don[/size]