Thread: Stiffy

Unpredictable

Stiffy

I am a little confused. After what seems like years of people saying they want stiffer Ibii (OK stiffer Mojo C's and SL's at least), now the bandwagon seems to be loaded with people wanting 650B or larger bikes. Des this mean that everyone is now convinced all Ibis MTBs have the full-wood, or that suddenly stiffness is not as important as it was a year ago?

Dropshot Champ!
    notsureiftrolling.

You can definitely have a stiff 650b/29er wheel.

Drink beer, ride bikes.

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    notsureiftrolling.

You can definitely have a stiff 650b/29er wheel.

Drink beer, ride bikes.
    Not trolling. Larger diameter wheels cannot be as stiff as smaller without adding bulk or changing materials. It was a serious question.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    What I think it means is that all the people that wanted stiffness went out and got it with the HD. Now Ibis is looking to add new riders to their brand. And maybe some of the Ibis riders are looking to add a second bike to their stable.

650,29er, slr, HD and Tranny really give Ibis a complete line of bikes. A DH bike would be the only other segment they haven't covered( although I suspect, secretly , that they are covering it).

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by saidrick View Post
    What I think it means is that all the people that wanted stiffness went out and got it with the HD. Now Ibis is looking to add new riders to their brand. And maybe some of the Ibis riders are looking to add a second bike to their stable.

650,29er, slr, HD and Tranny really give Ibis a complete line of bikes. A DH bike would be the only other segment they haven't covered( although I suspect, secretly , that they are covering it).
    and BMX

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They also have a road bike and a crosser, but they don't have trials bike and a (off road)tandem like they did in the old days. Now get of my lawn.

Mtb Guide
    An Ibis DH frame would be sick.

def be in on that.

DILLIGAF
    I opened this thread expecting something totally different, like a super hot chick shredding.