mtbr member
    May 2011

Stick on Rubber for HD Bottom Bracket?

Anyone recommend a good stick on rubberized tape for the BB on an HD?

The plastic frame protector doesn't quite wrap around. I've had a few good hits down there and it's looking a little rough.

Lightly salted
    I owned a carbon nomad before I switched to the HD. I really liked the down tube protector on the carbon nomad. It's a dense foam/rubber with a carbon weave over it. You can buy it from santa cruz and cut it to shape and stick it on. I've bought some and used it to protect other bikes. You should be able to make 2-3 bottom bracket protectors out of 1 piece. It's just one option, theres probably cheaper stuff you could also use.

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Cool...I'll try the Dealer in town and see if they have one.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    I owned a carbon nomad before I switched to the HD. I really liked the down tube protector on the carbon nomad. It's a dense foam/rubber with a carbon weave over it. You can buy it from santa cruz and cut it to shape and stick it on. I've bought some and used it to protect other bikes. You should be able to make 2-3 bottom bracket protectors out of 1 piece. It's just one option, theres probably cheaper stuff you could also use.

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    hi, i'm from spain and i'm thinking to change my old nomad 07 to the hd but i'm not sure if take the carbon nomad or ibis hd ,i want one bike for all from xc to allmountain-frerride ,what do you thing is the best ?

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by alberti View Post
    hi, i'm from spain and i'm thinking to change my old nomad 07 to the hd but i'm not sure if take the carbon nomad or ibis hd ,i want one bike for all from xc to allmountain-frerride ,what do you thing is the best ?
    I think they are both good bikes, just different suspension feel. For me the HD is a more versitle bike since you can run it @140mm, 160mm and even 650b wheels. Im happy with the switch.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Carbon leather protectors from Lizard Skins work great.

The Crow
    Plasti Dip will do the trick
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving