Thread: stem length?

mtbr member

stem length?

just out of interest...
    could i get a indication of what stem length you guys are using... i am really struggling to choose between a 100mm and a 110mm length.... "but why not go 105 then?" cause i cant find a 105 that I like, lol

so... if you would be so kind as to give me your height...bike size.. stem length..
    thanks

Trail Rider

Ibis stem

I'm 5'7" on a med. frame. I could have fit a small also. The stock stem was a little too long. I got the next one smaller which I measured, as accurately as possible, to be a 95 mm. I saw an Easton cold forged EA30 105 6 degree 31.8 at Cambria for $19.95.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

flow where ever you go
    5'8", small frame, 110mm x 10degree with short riser bar, and 25mm(?) setback seatpost.

The front never gets too light for way steep climbing, turns around switchbacks with ease, and stays balanced and predictable on the downhills (haven't come close to going over the bars yet). The bike itself is so balanced, I doubt it would change much with a shorter stem, but I guess it could.

Actually, comparing to others doesn't seem like a good measure. If you think 105 is the best fit, then I think you will be perfectly comfortable with either the 100 or 110. You can always shift your saddle 5 degrees.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    6'0" large frame, 50mm stem and loving it. I started with a 100mm stem but dropped it back last spring to give me better control in steep rough descents. It still climbs like a monster.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am 5' 10" with a quite a long torso and arms. I am running a 100mm stem with the no-setback Easton post and it seems just about right. I might consider moving the seat back just a bit and shortening the stem up to an 80 or 90 at some point, but I am good for now.

mtbr member
    thanks Daryder... I have set in motion a order for a 110 ibis stem.. i rode on yesterday and felt comfy on it.. i am scared i might just feel to cramped with a 90mm... even though i think the technical trails here would be awesome with it