Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stem/bar suggestions from Ibis Enduro riders.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jever98 
#1 ·
My wife's new Mojo came with the 70mm, 10degree rise stem and the Easton SL bar which has a 20mm. rise. The combo is too low by a few inches at the grips.

So, on her bike, I put on my old 50mm rise, scandium bar (with spacers as it is the old diameter bar) on her 70mm. stem, and it is now the right height.

But she wants a new bar....So, we have been at the bikeshop looking for a lightweight bar with a 50mm. rise and they have nothing in their cataloguesthat is light. Most 50mm. rise bars are heavy downhill bars...300 plus grams. Alterntively, we could go for a 60 or 70mm. stem with a 20 degree rise and an Easton carbon bar with a 40mm. rise. But we cannot find any light stems with these numbers.

Are there any Ibis owners who have come up with a good short stem, higher rise, lightweight Enduro set-up which might work for Jane?

thanks, Bob

#2 ·
bobAustin said:
My wife's new Mojo came with the 70mm, 10degree rise stem and the Easton SL bar which has a 20mm. rise. The combo is too low by a few inches at the grips.

So, on her bike, I put on my old 50mm rise, scandium bar (with spacers as it is the old diameter bar) on her 70mm. stem, and it is now the right height.

But she wants a new bar....So, we have been at the bikeshop looking for a lightweight bar with a 50mm. rise and they have nothing in their cataloguesthat is light. Most 50mm. rise bars are heavy downhill bars...300 plus grams. Alterntively, we could go for a 60 or 70mm. stem with a 20 degree rise and an Easton carbon bar with a 40mm. rise. But we cannot find any light stems with these numbers.

Are there any Ibis owners who have come up with a good short stem, higher rise, lightweight Enduro set-up which might work for Jane?

thanks, Bob
Get a a thomson X5 100 (10 degrees) rise and a Monkeylite XC high rise, add a 5mm spacer and you are set. At 50 mm length the difference between a 10 vs 20 bar rise is irrelevant. http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=106548&cat=46&brand=253

#3 ·
New Easton stem

Thanks for the response, but I just learned from the supplier of our Ibis's that Easton is coming out with a new 70mm., 20 degree rise stem on March 17, and that combined with the 20mm rise Xcountry carbon bar will work for my wife...so the queston/problem is resolved.

bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.