mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile standard mojo with a dt shock

A SL owner did not want his dt shock. so now it is on my orange mojo. uses 105 psi
    versus the fox 135 psi for proper sag. as soon as the snow gets walked on enough,
    will take for a good ride. dt is 67 grams lighter on my beam scale.
    Mitch
    boise

www.derbyrims.com
    Please give us a review once you get a good ride or two. I have a review posted here somewhere, but it's always good to hear more perspectives. I found the ride much smoother hitting rocks and easier to utilize very near full deep travel than the RP23 without extremely low sag.

mtbr member
    I'm also interested in how it works. Before purchasing the Mojo, I had a Hollowpoint with a Cane Creek shock and was able to easily use all 4.5 inches of travel. It was very plush. The rp23 on the other hand seems to have an overly harsh compression tune (w/o propedal turned on), although I do not have enough rides on the Mojo to verify my initial conclusion (since I bought the bike in December, we have constant snow in Boise). I do not want to go coil and really do not want to have to pay to have it Push'ed when the bike is brand new.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    which dampening is your shock sticker say? also, if you remove the air tube and use
    some good grease, it will help alot.
    Mitch
    Boise

Unpredictable
    This all intrigues me. I have a standard RP23 and get full travel all the time. The only time it feels like it is bottoming is in G-outs. Over harsh hits it feels controlled and good, but the rubber ring is always at the end of it's travel after a ride. I run 10mm sag only.

mtbr member
    I looked ad mine is a medium tune. Has Ibis been good about swapping the shock out for one with a lighter tune?

holding back the darkness
    Don't discount a PUSH mod just on the basis of the newness of the shock. They don't just rebuild it they can completely change the characteristics of how the shock performs. It's a performance upgrade, like getting a completely different shock in place of your old one, one built just for you.
    Plus their customer service is tops, turnaround is quick, and they're passionate about what they're doing.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile

finally had chance to ride standard mojo with the dt shock. did a 25 mile ride in palm springs
    with lots of loose rocks, stairstep climbs and loose descents. bike feels more stable
    over the rocks. there is a noticable improvement in hooking up climbing with sharp rocks.
    able to run a bit less sag now with a better overall ride, which helps in pedal clearance
    on the off camber stuff.
    Mitch
    Boise
    Attached Images Attached Images

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmitch2
    finally had chance to ride standard mojo with the dt shock. did a 25 mile ride in palm springs
    with lots of loose rocks, stairstep climbs and loose descents. bike feels more stable
    over the rocks. there is a noticable improvement in hooking up climbing with sharp rocks.
    able to run a bit less sag now with a better overall ride, which helps in pedal clearance
    on the off camber stuff.
    Mitch
    Boise
    Moto (right-hand) front brake. I do that too. Hand guards is a first on a mountain bike I've seen!

I noticed slightly less frequent pedal strikes using the DT shock too, even with no sag change or even using a little deeper sag compared to the stock RP23 (I had to set my RP23 with less sag than I prefer to avoid frequent pedal strikes on the trail I most often ride). The DT probably has a bigger air volume spring so more linear spring rate producing less wallow through midstroke. And I felt that the DT compression damping is more progressive which also would reduce wallow without adding the firmer feel compared to the mildly digressive damping with the RP23 propedal "off".

If you get a chance, can you deflate the shock and see how close the rear tire gets to the seat tube? With my RP23 it came to just about inch clearance leaning all my weight on the seat and with 2.4 tires (and measured 5.5 inch total travel exactly at the back of the seat compressing the rear only). I forgot to try that with the DT when I had it to demo.

Thanks for the report!

Geritol Power

Orange looks great

and the handgaurds are not a bad idea at all. I have almost ejected myself over the bars many times by brush and branches pushing the front brake lever when I didn't want braking

On some of my favorite trails I actually keep 1 finger on the brake to pull and 1 finger on the backside of the lever to counteract any "branch actuation" of the brakes.

PS I'm also interested in the tire clearance with the DT and larger tires.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I will check out the tire clearance this weekend. the handguards are off my
    KTM.with the cold air here in the winter high 20's and 30's for the last 2 months,
    the handguards have helped somewhat at higher speeds. Now it is in the 40's
    and will leave the guards off. they only weight .75 pounds for the set though.
    check your bearings on the lower linkage going through the frame. I'm was
    putting my bike back together tonight and found I of the bearings was rough.
    pulled off the dust cover and there was no grease inside. only have 3 months
    on the bike.
    Mitch
    Boise

MTBR Contributing Editor
    A Motorcyle brake setup rules! I can easily switch between the two styles if needed, but I prefer the moto style. I remember once when I first had disc brakes and I grabbed a handful of front brake and skidded out cause it was the rear brake, my brain thought it was the front brake and not the rear. Motocycle brain, to many years riding street bikes.